Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi,

There is an ongoing work of definition of the Maemo word and related terms. You might want to have a look at https://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Maemo_brand

The current proposal puts all the weight in "Maemo" and defines "maemo.org" as an identifier of the Maemo community. The current logo would evolve into a "maemo.org" (again) but this time it would be produced and maintained by the community, like the rest of visual design and user experience of the maemo.org website (and now I will stop writing marketing buzzwords).

In this context it would make a lot of sense to have a logo contest open to everybody. See the proposal at https://wiki.maemo.org/Task:maemo.org_logo_contest

Please post your feedback in the wiki, signing in with your usual maemo.org login. Or do it here if you are lazy, we will follow up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Nokia is quite serious in redefining the Maemo brand and maemo.org, the community behind Maemo, is holding a maemo.org logo contest. If you happen have an eye on simplicity and comfortable in using fonts with open license, design and submit a new maemo.org logo before August and you might win yourself an all expense paid trip to the Open Source in Mobile (OSiM) World and the very first Maemo Summit in Berlin, Germany plus be among the first to own the new Nokia N810 WiMAX Edition. Head on to the official maemo.org logo contest wiki page for all the details.
Read the full article.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hey Quim, can employees enter? I have a graphic design background.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, it says so in the wiki You can't win anything though.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hey guys stop the machine!!!

Please read the wiki page you are linking to. It starts saying in bold letters:

"This is a proposal under discussion, related to Task:Maemo brand. You can help deciding whether the contest is appropriate, and in which terms."

I was precisely asking for opinions about the Maemo brand proposal and the related proposal of organizing a logo contest.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I started a discussion on the contest.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I was precisely asking for opinions about the Maemo brand proposal and the related proposal of organizing a logo contest.
Added "(pending proposal approval)" to the article. Thanks.

Contest is now official! Deadline is before July 27, 2008.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Anyone else getting spammed by maemo.org?? About the contest

I recieved 4 identical emails an hour apart.

9:08
10:08
11:08
12:08

WTF??
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
yeah i got like 3 so far....