Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
you might remember that i did request NEC projector keyset but none did work on this https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlpg8odi8d...-2077.jpg?dl=0
Ah, my apologies; I haven't had as much experience with projectors as with other devices (and I really do need to add a projector-specific panel to Pierogi, as there are some unique commands on most projector remotes). Let me take another look in my sources, I might be able to find some new config files...

Edit: My sources are showing that "NEC Projector Keyset 2" should have the right controls for the V260 projector. I'll see if perhaps there's an alternate version of the V260, but if you could, please re-check with this keyset and see if you can get the projector to react. Thanks!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-12-09 at 23:56. Reason: Need to check a keyset

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
sorry for being late but i checked again and it didn't work

Last edited by myname24; 2014-12-12 at 10:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
i cheked again and it didn't work
Thanks! I have found one more NEC projector keyset; it might do the trick. I'll look around to see if I can find any more, and put out another update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
Just downloaded Pierogi, because I couldn't find the remote for my tv. Worked straight away - THANK YOU!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post
Just downloaded Pierogi, because I couldn't find the remote for my tv. Worked straight away - THANK YOU!
Thanks! Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to the app; I've kind of left it on the back-burner for a while now, but I've managed to learn a few new UI tricks from other projects I've been working on, so I do plan to do a refresh of Pierogi eventually. (Plus, I need to get the documentation back in order, so I can finally finally get an update pushed into the Extras repository... )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Thanks! Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to the app; I've kind of left it on the back-burner for a while now, but I've managed to learn a few new UI tricks from other projects I've been working on, so I do plan to do a refresh of Pierogi eventually. (Plus, I need to get the documentation back in order, so I can finally finally get an update pushed into the Extras repository... )
Oh, I am glad you asked!!!

Actually I have something (I have only played around with it for one day now, but I already have quite a few Keysets in my "favorite" list. The list is a great idea, but it would be really helpful, if they could be renamed or somehow labeled in the favorite tab... because I expect the list to become longer and then it might get confusing - just a suggestion.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post
Actually I have something (I have only played around with it for one day now, but I already have quite a few Keysets in my "favorite" list. The list is a great idea, but it would be really helpful, if they could be renamed or somehow labeled in the favorite tab...
Ah, let me ask, are you using the 1.0 version of Pierogi (from the Extras repository)? I have been continuing to update Pierogi for some time since that version was created; you can find the latest version (1.1.40) in the Extras-Devel repository. It still needs a little work before I can push it up to the Extras repository, but I think it is very usable. And yeah, it has the ability to give a "nickname" to each favorite keyset (which was indeed a feature that many folks requested).

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, let me ask, are you using the 1.0 version of Pierogi (from the Extras repository)? I have been continuing to update Pierogi for some time since that version was created; you can find the latest version (1.1.40) in the Extras-Devel repository. It still needs a little work before I can push it up to the Extras repository, but I think it is very usable. And yeah, it has the ability to give a "nickname" to each favorite keyset (which was indeed a feature that many folks requested).
uummmm... yeeaa. Thanks for the hint.

I usually read the last page to see if it is still "alive" and also check the first post to get an overview. I always find it helpful if the first post is updated and gives information on the current version and where to find it... but that's just me.
Anyway, I will check it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:
I tried to use Pierogi ... couldn't configure to LG hd tv, Samsung surround sound nor satelite decoder ... I spent a few hours trying various keysets ... non worked. I hope updated version does work .... Look forward to it

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
I tried to use Pierogi ... couldn't configure to LG hd tv, Samsung surround sound nor satelite decoder ... I spent a few hours trying various keysets ... non worked. I hope updated version does work .... Look forward to it
humm , make sure you are pointing the device in right direction.
oth howdo i delete faviouratr keysets

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control