Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Thermal imaging looks quite interesting.
CAT S60...
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
CAT S60...
I watched a couple of the videos. Pretty cool. Love the SOS button and app that helps speakers dry out if they get wet! Thermal imaging is better than I expected. Looks legit. There are apps that claim to give you thermal imaging but they actually are only doing some color based image processing and are not using the infrared spectrum. If only it had a HWKB!

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I watched a couple of the videos. Pretty cool.
Met a guy who owned one and he passed it over... Impressive, I must say. You instantly feel safe, in a way, no worries about device getting wet or falling on concrete.

Guess apple will present thermal imaging as "their" next invention in iphone 8

Looks legit... If only it had a HWKB!
If it only had CM 13 support (since it sports Marshmallow)...
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2016-09-20 at 00:04.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean?
Just that a members-only, country club gas station would cater to the same wealthy but tasteless demographic that likes buying stuff (like smartphones) in that nauseating pink champagne color referred to as "rose gold". You know, the elderly white person equivalent of Will.i.am's Tesla.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Just that a members-only, country club gas station would cater to the same wealthy but tasteless demographic that likes buying stuff (like smartphones) in that nauseating pink champagne color referred to as "rose gold". You know, the elderly white person equivalent of Will.i.am's Tesla.
Now you are just mean. Just think about the millions walking the streets with rose gold iPhone, and think that they are cool

Or is the combination with wealth that makes it tasteless...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I guess you can use it to search for body heat but I would assume it's short range so you can search for hidden poeple in your room

When do we get the disc phone with x-ray...

Indoor maps? No thanks. I'm more of an outside kind of guy...and I rather track down the the serials....sirals seiaiarals by myself rather than via an app
OMG! Dave999! I found your disc phone! Nokia had made it years ago but never released it! Wonder if Elop had a hand in stopping this wonderful device too...
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
OMG! Dave999! I found your disc phone! Nokia had made it years ago but never released it! Wonder if Elop had a hand in stopping this wonderful device too...
That is indeed step 5 of 5! What a beauty!

Just imagine if Nokia released that instead of n9. iPhone would be dead, buried and forgotten. Ari jakksi would be president and above all...no Jolla tablet scam!

I'm planning to go back in time to fix that. The question is what year and events started the bad road. I'm thinking 1992?!?!

One think is sure, I need to convince Brin&Page that they are in the wrong buissniess...Google shall instead build...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-09-21 at 16:13.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7325326.html

True or False...

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
True.
And bet they are dead on the money concerning the likelihood of the cost being possibly staggeringly higher due to as yet unforeseen issues.

Same kind of trajectory of cost for Quebec to leave Canada....
Initially the cost estimated was ghastly...
it being a ballpark estimate without looking at the impact and associated costs of disentanglement...
but then the economic and financial scientists weighed in with their findings...on ALL the associated costs which have to bear ...and the costs started climbing.

In the end...
our separatists started realizing the costs...
and were stating that they wouldn't need to mint their own money...
they could just use Canada's currency...
hahaahaha
and that Quebec wouldn't pay for the costs of separation...
Canada would...
hahahahaha
and we would still be giving them federal monies to keep operating ...their now fiefdom....
hahaahaha
And of course they voiced that the US would be supportive in trade and politics with them once separated...
haahahaha..
(the US took a very wide berth around this topic of endorsing the division and disruption ..on so many levels...of their neighbour to the north...stating that separation did not a country make...)

and..
Well ...you can imagine how popular these ideas were in the rest of Canada...
And people could see the madness first hand of the situation.

I am not saying the history of Quebec-Canada Separation ...and how it fell apart is the same as Brexit.

But the cost similarities with intricately twined policy, finances and economy and trade....
well...
the cost for Quebec to separate was probably far cheaper and less damaging than Brexit will be.

And I don't envy whoever ends up paying the brexit bill.

Oh...
wait...
silly me...

it won't be any segment of the economy that can afford it...

it will be the taxpayer of course ..

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Brexit will happen when Emperor Trump says it should happen... so sayeth Trump.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson