Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Thought I'd pass this thought along...

Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?
Whoa. Head 'asplodes' (as the kids say).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Right, it isn't too obvious, depending on one's sensitivity.
But.…
not obvious at all, but...Okey. What’s done is done and I’m not the sensitive kind. But... I suggest you stop reading right here if you couldn’t handle all may 6xxx previous posts…

Ok, I warned you so don’t blame me if you choose to read further! I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

calling the guys running this place on a voluntary basis a regime is like calling the system rigged or Hillary crooked.
So what do you suggest that US do with those people, it most be millions, saying or agreeing agreeing with these things? Jail, deportation to Mexico or simply give them a week vacation?

Note... that I didn't say that its the same thing, nor good or bad.

To me, that is subversive, an insult and hounding. Because he wouldn't argue or present some kind of evidence,
If you were hurt by that I’m truly sorry. It was not my intent hurt your feelings.

My English isn’t prefect, far from it, but my understanding is regime is basically a government follow some rules?
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/regime

besides complaining about bad moderation when he ignores our forum rules and Code of Conduct.
I think you need to work one your moderation indeed and maybe your soft skills too. As I see it you are seated in every level and are judge, jury and executioner. There is a reason why most countries have these as different entities. But hey. We are not a country right. So lets leave it…

Aslo, no need to bring a tank in a water pistol fight.

Secondly, when doing some moderation it should be visible, traceable if possible. Stuff dissipater into thin air, its not the way...in my book that is..

And when a user have trouble and create a thread and you want to close it for some reason, then maybe its better that you write a comment regarding why it was closed. And close it. You don’t leave it without a note and change the thread title to “shoot yourself in the knee”. Not ever.

And I could go on

...but I doubt you care. So lets leave it.

Same goes for calling the Tablet fiasko a scam because he needs someone to blame and chats that up to the world. Doing that repeatedly again, despite being warned for exactly that and even carrying it after an ex-employer with a complete new company and product personally, is not ok IMHO.u
Tablet scam, tablet fiasco, tablet trouble...tablet success. Who cares. Its up to the poster to judge, not you or me. That is how I see it. No biggy and easy to ignore for anyone.

I never understood why some people think they are the ones to decided what things are, and are not.

I’m not going after persons. That is for you to do it seems.
But I do go after organizations. You know the fool me once shame of you...saying, right. Good rule.

And for the post I guess you referring to. It was great,Starting a snowball to let community members learn about the new company, and the team up wil Lastu, Coderus followed up with an even better post, a movie, it even triggered sales, I would love to buy that wooden charger if it ever comes to Lastu shop...And then you joined the thread like and elephant an trashed the party. Brilliant!

To put it in perspective...
Do you have have any idea what people wrote about elop here?.

Examples:
"...scam-program"
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=5993
Yep, this was me.

"Yes, sorry. I just had to do it. ..since they announced 1000 Jolla sCam devices I think it was appropriate."
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=5995
Me again.

"original gangster jPhone ... to threat the community"
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=5999

yep me right there too, pretty nice misspelling right there...

"scamers, tricksters and cheaters. And they have to pay the price..."
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=6004
I won’t deny it wasn't me posting these half a year ago.

"Don't support scamers until they come clean"
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=6024
I hope you didn't read throw all my posts. . If you want my tablet scam post, just as ask.

And so forth…
yeah, we’re half way. Looking good for jolla.

Dave's language is clever, in terms of effect, but also recognizable as such.
And he's neither considerate, respectful, collaborative, pragmatic or supports others in the community, according to our CoC.
If you remove language from that sentence I would agree I wouldn't say its clever. I’m trying to learn the language. Respectfulness goes both ways. You don’t get it unless you give it, like most things in life. So I guess we’re in a deadlock here.

He loves to provocate, takes this as a gamble and knowingly crosses the limits.
Indeed I do. Especially when it comes to small and insignificant things. Sometimes I do it purposely, other times it’s my bad language that makes it up.

I do break the limits of limited thinking, true.

But I don't take his game, I'm just being strict on our self-set rules here.
Sounds just like a regime to me

Just because he and some others think he's funny here and there, we shouldn't let him get away with the rest, IMHO.
Sometimes I’m the best, other times a pest. But what really matters is the rest!

EDIT: just imagine what would happen here when he said same things about Neo900 project...
EDIT: Why would I do that?? please leave me out of your battle with joerg...you lost me right there.

Anyways, great week. We have to do that again soon!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Thought I'd pass this thought along...

Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?
to me it's sounds wrong. I think it should be 0 companies

But I trust the aliens to fix it eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWjpz0M-7_E

That game is the worst, especially playing withe people that loves it It can go on for hours and even days and almost nothing happens and then suddenly out of the blue...Someone wins

RIP Castro!
What Will happen to cuba now...

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I agree that there is most likely more here on both sides than the surface of the situation shows.

I can understand and empathize with the angst of both parties.

The unpaid moderators who ..take their time donating it to community...
that deal with many issues which can try their patience over time.

The individuals like Dave who who have issues they wish to voice.
Out of frustration at feeling being screwed or slighted ...voices ignored or deleted in moderation.

(On a side note.
For myself...Personally .Honestly..I hope for the Neo900 ...sure I am a huge booster..No fanboy here though.... it has been a wait of years now...as in multiple....if someone wished to trash talk it ....it would not bother me..I am not THAT attached to the project. So no worries there. Bring on the critique.
Also there is a difference here between the Jolla fail and issues ...and the neo900...Jolla DID fail ..Dave most certainly...the neo900 project has yet to get finished ..to officially start failing on any scale like Jolla...imo....back to the issue though...)

I have great respect for both parties...

I believe that the unpaid time-donating moderators do not need people climbing on their back.

and ...

I believe that by silencing long standing members like Dave from allowing their voice...from allowing them to speak their issues...by blocking, banning, blacklisting...however it is done...
will only make for a very disheartened and more vocal member...
and a very unhappy group of moderators..

I suggest sorting this out...
doing some serious reconciliation...
cut the bull sh@t on both sides...

I like you both.

I haven't had a lot of time lately for input and community help...like I normally do ..
And I am not into threats or ultimatums ..
it achieves nothing.
So please don't mistake this as a threat or ultimatum

This kind of situation it's ramifications and implications...
All around.
Not only make me feel very very uncomfortable.
But also makes me question exactly what "kind" of community this is or has been becoming...
and makes me question my continued involvement in this community.

So keep it up boys..
Keep up the attitudes..
Dig in your heels..

And you can count on me.
To start withdrawing from this community.
Since I will have very little desire to stay.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
endsormeans, you know that you're tops in my book but there's a way to air out your grievances. And ways it should not happen either.

This community is one of a kind. The people here are worthy of my time and are often founts of knowledge and/or experimentation - which I totally dig. But there's a whole Internet of trolls with their disruptive agendas.

Why entertain that? It does nothing but takes away from the good. I'm not a fan of letting bad triumph good. Nor do I want the good of this forum as a whole nor as a collection of individuals that I've come to respect to fall to the wayside.

Simply put... I refuse to entertain those disruptions. I'd suggest that the majority does not either.

I doubt it's more to this than what is seen. At least not from my side. And have already left it behind. One thing that could be in affect here is that before(and still do in less capacity) we had maemo, meego and nokia as a common goal, now we don't have it an people using lots of different OS/Devices - while Leadership favors sailfish over the the rest. I could be completely wrong here though

Endormeans, I dont think I Will stick around much longer either due to the fact that freedom of speech is restricted, It's not what I signed up for. To me there is no good or bad here, only opions, which should be respected, like you are doing. Personal attacks happens more often than should be allowed to due to the fact that poeple having a hard time to accept differensens and other opions than their own and becouse of that use a hostile language and trigger issues that would had have been a non issue if kind language was used. The political wind blowing over the globe now and seems to have reached TMO, which isn't that strange since it's part of the world. Sad.

I don't agree with everything, in this case win7mac. But I would die for let him say it.

Many heroes has walked the streets of TMO, and some still do like Jucimie, eeklund and more.

So I think its time for me to join Dan Ramos and leave this place soon rather than later.

But until then keep up your attitude towards others members...it goes for me and everyone else, especially joerg, win7mac and chemist that suppose to be leaders. Acting like you did in the infra thread is really poor and set bad example for the rest of us. Lead by example and follow your self set rules, Please!

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-27 at 11:28.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
One thing that could be in affect here is that before(and still do in less capacity) we had maemo, meego and nokia as a common goal, now we don't have it an people using lots of different OS/Devices - while Leadership favors sailfish over the the rest.
Is that an opinion or already fakenews?
Making stuff up, presenting it like facts and then pulling the joker card
I could be completely wrong here though
, really? By doing so, you're essentially admitting that it's made up. And your smiley tells it all...
And btw. yes, you are completely wrong here. Will you now say sorry?

freedom of speech is restricted
...indeed - by our forum rules and CoC!

To me there is no good or bad here, only opions, which should be respected
Right. But forum rules and CoC stand above any opinion. And talking about respect, where's yours towards those?

The political wind blowing over the globe now and seems to have reached TMO, which isn't that strange since it's part of the world. Sad.
Another opinion, I guess, flavoured with bad feelings, drawing a picture which again is completely made up, since there's no logical context...
In fact, the opposite is true. By raising simple claims without any substance, you're trying to create a certain atmosphere and influence people. There's no real other impetus for it, or is there?
Why not have some arguments for your accusations?
A pro troll has gotta do what a pro troll gotta do, I guess... Sad.
So here's another free pro tip: stay with the facts, don't rely on opinions. Otherwise you might end up in an echo chamber or filter bubble - THAT is the wind blowing over the globe now...

So I think its time for me to join Dan Ramos and leave this place soon rather than later.
You announced it big time over and over already years ago, I'd be pleased if you... well, get your back straight too, and finally do so!
The mods here will be delighted.

Lead by example and follow your self set rules, Please!
Amen. Do the same and we may be able to tolerate each other here.
Or wait, maybe... are you fit to make TMO great again?
I'm so sick!
Current Maemo Community Council member

Whoooho yeah. Let's have a beer instead. What's your poison?

Follow my lead, win.

Do you know how I would do it?

[This post should not be taken as fact, only opinions]

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-27 at 21:41.

Ok, no need to keep it away from you...

By listening...http://upliftconnect.com/compassionate-listening/amp/

Compassionate, bam...that was how trump managed to take the White House...unfortunately

Listen is a powerful tool, much more so than talking.

[This post should not be taken as fact, only opinions]

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-27 at 21:42.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson