Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Update:

New version of the Flip Calendar was released to the extras repository and rolled out through the auto update..

Changes in version 1.0-4

Latest version of the Flip Calendar has a full month view pop up calendar display ( with auto color theme, matching the applet theme colors). This full month view calendar pop up can be initiated by double clicking on the Flip Calendar desktop applet

The pop up full month view window inherits the color scheme of the "Day" font from desktop calendar widget. ( see img below)

++++++ ------------------------- ++++++

Announcing the release of Flip Calendar, a resizeable desktop calendar widget, that displays the Month, Date and day of the week.

Installation :
Install from the maemo.org download section from here

or

look for flip-calendar in the extras repository under Application Manager.

The color and font style can be changed by going to Home > Applet Settings > FlipCalendar. After selecting/changing the color, double click on the widget surface for the changes to take effect immediately. Else changes will get reflected after a minute.

The calendar widget is resizeable. Hold on to the right hand side bottom edge of the widget and drag to resize.. The calendar background and the fonts get resized automatically.

Flip Calendar is skinnable.. You can find a themes folder under /usr/lib/flipcalendar.. Select the color of the calendar theme and copy the file into the folder named 'default' and restart the Flip Calendar widget from Home > Select Applets ( remove tick mark for Flip Calendar and say okey - from the same path put the tick mark again)..

As always, since pictures talk more than words...

Limitations
- Pango layout is being used for date display and hence if a font size is selected from the drop down on Home > Applet Settings > FlipCalendar settings, this will be overriden.
- Some of the unicode fonts may result in the letters over flowing out of the calendar surface

## Edit ##

Okey.. I think I was wrong about this working on N900.. apparently the screen shot I posted earlier was that of a N810 with a modified UI look alike of Maemo 5

- This widget is only for diablo at the moment.. Maemo5 may happen ( I dont have a n900 )

Last edited by shin; 2010-03-18 at 06:10.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
nice APP!

hey curious to know....at you second screenshots uphere....what is exactly this

tx to tell me how i can get this same one.
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

thats a desktop clock widget I am working on, as a sequel to the SVGClock I released a while ago.
will try to release soon. Its based on the ring clock screenlet

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
wow i want it lol

lety me know when is ready...
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Very cool release you did for yourself there shin!

Many thanks indeed!

Oh, and just to let the rest of you guys know, Flip will accept any 128x128 .png image in that default folder.

So yeah, it's definitely good to still be seeing you around this forum, shin.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
I just got a feedback that the Flip Calendar works on Maemo 5 too..

I think I was wrong about the Flip Calendar working on N900 already.. However created with PyGTK, Cairo, Pango and glade, technically it should work. Has anyone here with a N900 installed it? How did you install it (using .deb?) . Appreciate if you could give your feedback on if the resizing, font and color changes work . Any screenshots would also help

Last edited by shin; 2010-03-11 at 03:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Hey shin, think you could post a 128x128 invisible image for us to use with this?

I'd like to try it without a background graphic and see how that looks on the desktop.

Thanks!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
installed to n900 without problems but haven't got the applet to appear to desktop even how hard I've tried...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Well, I managed to find one on the net and cropped it down to the right size.

If anyone wants to have their calendar appear without a background graphic, just right click and save the image between the two **** thingies.

****Name:  calendar.png
Views: 3698
Size:  406 Bytes****

Last edited by Addison; 2010-03-12 at 08:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
installed to n900 without problems but haven't got the applet to appear to desktop even how hard I've tried...
Thank you ossipena for trying.. I have been reading up a bit and there seems to be a fundamental difference between diablo and maemo 5 to have the desktop widgets displayed for python..

In diablo it is hildondesktop.HomeItem and in Maemo 5 this seems to be hildondesktop.HomePluginItem.. There seems to be a couple of differences like these to be addressed, before i can make it work on n900.. I will try to refactor the code for Maemo 5 when possible..

Can you tell me something.. What ever is the equivalent of N810/diablo for Home > Applet Settings > FlipCalendar in n900.. Is Flip calendar appearing in that widget launch area and are you able to see the GTK color, font selection screens? I would assume that these should work..

Appreciate your time and interest to check this out..