Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong place to discuss this but here I know the best people to help me..
Anyway, since 2 days my Facebook was getting hacked by an anonymous person. I didn't know who. But my email and password are being changed. I got my Facebook back yesterday and today it went away again. When I got it back my name was changed and lots of bad messages were sent to my friends. Also, my timeline won't open resulting with 'Page Not Found'.
Does anyone know how to prevent my Facebook to be hacked again? I changed my password A LOT of times. But to no avail.
Please help me. Please..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You may have been key-logged; try using a vkb for entering passwords preferably a vkb that's re-sized and not in the same place of the desktop where it opened.

Obviously it goes without saying change your email etc passwords too and do a thorough check of your system. Since you are using Windows, if no malware is found a re-format may be necessary...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-03-18 at 14:36.

Did that.. And basically once I change my password after 5 mins the account is hacked again.. Are you sure it's keylogged? I never allowed anyone to transfer files to my PC via Teamviewer or such. I have njRAT and I know how it works too. And no one sent me a renamed server.exe to be a victim. No one sent me a fake webpage to make my browser redirect to enter my credentials. Anyhow, my computer is 100% clean. There is something really fishy about this. I am ready to do anything to keep my laptop clean but I want to make sure of this first.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
use a linux live CD to change your password, that way you'll know it's clean.
maybe resecure your email account too.
Remove any facebook app that could be insecure.

All are secure.

And in case I didn't mention, I use Windows 8 Pro now

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I wonder how can you be so sure that your computer is secure? Having windows whatever is a risk, and once your box gets infected with nasty enough rootkit, there is nothing you can do to detect it.

The info erendorn gave you is valid; you need to run different OS from a secure boot media to be sure you can change your password securely. And remember, the first minute you boot back to your infected box and check your mail, then you are screwed again

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
It does sound like a keylogger, it could be a hardware or a software one.
Use a mobile device to change your password to prove this.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Okay, I will try. Thanks

Anyway, is there a way to find out who is trying to hack my account? If so, I can directly shut him down.