Hey guys,

I frequently experience issues trying to connect to web sites on my N800 --- most frequently, the "connecting" status bar will just sway back and forth with no activity. Sometimes, I just click the "full screen" button and then the web site will connect. Other times, efforts are futile.

The most irritating thing is it would take me 2 minutes to do the same thing on my desktop --- instead, I spend 10 minutes trying to figure out what's wrong with the tablet. The most recent example is trying to get into www.tmobilepictures.com --- had no issues connecting via GPRS, but via wifi, nothing would happen after I try to log in... in fact, it even caused the browser process to hang. Makes absolutely no sense... could it be a router issue?

Just to answer any questions up front: I have not restored from a backup and I did flash using the most recent official build.

Anybody else experiencing browser issues? If not, maybe I'm just having a hardware problem.
H.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
If GPRS connection works... then suspect your router. What brand and model router do you have?

You may also try to go somewhere with a WiFi hotspot and try over there... If it works there, then you know it is your router. (Or could be some RF interference at your home... Have you tried to change your router channels if that helps?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
I second the changing channels.

The Following User Says Thank You to coffeedrinker For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have a Linksys wrt54g router. If I go to tmobilepictures.com first, for example, the browser would just hang completely via wifi --- even if I opened up a second window and tried to go to wikipedia. However, if I went directly to wikipedia without ever trying to go to tmobilepictures.com, then there is no issue. :S

I have the same router and have no issues on accessing the web site you mentioned. (I'm running Diablo on N810... Maybe someone with Chinook should confirm this too?)

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm using WRT54GL with DD-WRT, no issues whatsoever.

BTW, some WRT54 series have some problems with hanging after a while, maybe a firmware upgrade can help too?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I'm using WRT54GL with DD-WRT, no issues whatsoever.

BTW, some WRT54 series have some problems with hanging after a while, maybe a firmware upgrade can help too?
Second to that... Older router firmwares have issues...

If you guys have a minute, can you let me know which firmware versions you are running?

Thanks!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm using:

Firmware: DD-WRT v24 RC-6 (01/02/08) vpn

but this will be tricky to get on WRT54G and probably there's a chance to brick your router. Look here for compatibility list, there's also some issues with specific WRT versions:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php...evices#Linksys
(also check the other Linksys section above that)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php...#File_Versions

So, not recommended, unless you know what you're doing.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-05-18 at 17:08.

I'm using Linksys firmware v4.71.1. I believe this is the latest...