Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've mentioned this before but I'll say it once more.

This no longer works the same after installing DT.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70091

I mostly switch screens between Tear and VNC.

Anyway, if the page on Tear hasn't fully loaded, the screen doesn't switch correctly as it did before.

I have to usually wait until the entire webpage is done loading in Tear, then I can switch applications.

This wasn't the behavior before DT.

Any clues as to what might be causing this?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I mostly switch screens between Tear and VNC. Anyway, if the page on Tear hasn't fully loaded, the screen doesn't switch correctly as it did before. I have to usually wait until the entire webpage is done loading in Tear, then I can switch applications.
I don't use VNC but I do use Tear a lot and have never had a problem with it not loading when a I switch away. I normally open links in new windows and immediately switch back to the original window while it loads.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
^ Weird.

On my end it will switch from say Tear to Dial Central or from Tear to VNC and then immediately go back to Tear again.

If a web page is loading in Tear, yeah, sometimes I have to try switching like 7 times before it will actually change applications.

Never once did I experience this behavior before DT.

Oh well I guess.

I'm not sure exactly how to say it except that switching applications on the fly is back to being fussy again like it was when I first had DT installed some time back.

When it does work correctly though, wow, it switches like twice as fast than without DT, I do have to admit that.

Hey, pop quiz.

You know when you click on the Task Navigator thingy, how all of the apps line up on the left side of the screen...

Yeah, is there perhaps a command that will switch to exactly one app you want to go to next?

So say you hit the Task Navigator, and on the screen you'll see something like this...

Dial Central X
Tear X
VNC X
Notes X
File Manager X

If they are in order, could you have a command that says to switch to the top one, or switch to the second or third one specifically instead of rifling through either the previous or the following applications?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Yeah, is there perhaps a command that will switch to exactly one app you want to go to next?

If they are in order, could you have a command that says to switch to the top one, or switch to the second or third one specifically instead of rifling through either the previous or the following applications?
Yes, Telescope.

Statusbar applet to open Telescope's app launcher and another statusbar applet to open Telescope's window thumbnails, or home key to get to both. So a statusbar tap or home key press followed by a tap will switch to any app you want.

Now if someone would hack the window manager so a down swipe on the titlebar would minimize a window and a left or right swipe on titlebar would switch to the next or previous window...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Now if someone would hack the window manager so a down swipe on the titlebar would minimize a window and a left or right swipe on titlebar would switch to the next or previous window...
Didn't you make that one code which creates an invisible touch screen surface space on the tablet? So yeah, you can do this.

Oh, and what I meant was skipping the whole tapping the screen part to change applications. I really like only having to press one button and I'm done.

Does Diablo have code that knows the order in which apps are launch?

So if I wanted to switch to an app, say that I open 4th, it could go there immediately?

I hope I'm making sense here.

With that Quickswitch thingy I use, it can only go to the previous or following app of what's in the list for Task Navigator.

I guess I'm just asking if there's a possible different way of doing this if say 5 or 6 apps were all being used at once.

Sorry. Sorry.

Let me keep this very simple.

I usually only have two apps running.

Is there a command to switch to either the top app or the bottom app instead of using matchbox-remote -next like I'm doing now?

Maybe trying something else would stop it from being so fussy like the way it is using DT.

If Quickswitch could be bound to a statusbar applet, I would be very happy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnie Price For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Or tell me what needs to be done in ASUI to support it as is.
pan-daemon expects the signal com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.status_changed string:"DUMMY" string:"DUMMY" string:"DISCONNECTING" string:""
I have tried sending the signal by hand but it 's ignored because it doesn't come from the expected service.
icd2 doesn't send that signal when instructed to disconnect with a dbus method call, that's why the problem happens, but I have observed that the signal with string:"IDLE" (instead of "DISCONNECTING") is always sent.
So, I think the best fix is to change pan-daemon so it calls the script when receives the "IDLE" signal.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
If Quickswitch could be bound to a statusbar applet, I would be very happy.
Telescope already is.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008