Originally Posted by kkito View Post
I've installed whatsapp, but is almost unusable for me because it has no rights to read contacts from device, then my contacts list from wathsapp is empty, I can only write messages from conversations started by others .There is any way to enable the contacts for android apps?

Also, registering with sms code didn't work, I was forced to use the voice call from WA to get and enter the verification code.
Cant remember anymore how, but I have my contacts in whatsapp. Was it maybe when doing initial setup, sorry no memory - but it is possible. Also, I got sms - though after doing a typo had to use call-option.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
My whatsapp also installed and works without issues and I had already contacts in the phone before installing whatsapp (others have suggested to download whatsapp before inserting contacts to the phone).

PS! I downloaded my whatsapp from Google Play Store.

I've installed the apk from whatsapp homepage (http://www.whatsapp.com/android/) , my contacts were already added in the Phone. Anyone knows how to fix it (not able to retrieve contacts)?

Are you able also to add contacts using WA? I got a permission error (or similar) when doing it.

Regards!

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I added my contacts before I installed WhatsApp. And these contacts appeared in WA without any problems.

After I installed WA, I noticed that (at least) one contact was missing (got not synced from my N9 correctly). So I added that contact manually in the People app but that contact did not appear in WA.
After a reboot of my Jolla, the contact appeared in WA contacts list.

I think, the local contacts get synced at boot time with the phone book in Android.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
This may be a bit long shot to ask here, but maybe we have other Pandora users here that don't live in couple of countries it's available.

Has anybody tried to get Pandora work on Jolla? I know there are ways on Android.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
This may be a bit long shot to ask here, but maybe we have other Pandora users here that don't live in couple of countries it's available.

Has anybody tried to get Pandora work on Jolla? I know there are ways on Android.
Don't have an account and not really interested, but I tried it.

Pandora installed fine, started and then I got "Sorry, not supported in country" message.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I have not tried to add contacts to WA, however, contact list refresh in WA seems to work.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Don't have an account and not really interested, but I tried it.

Pandora installed fine, started and then I got "Sorry, not supported in country" message.
That I knew. You need to use OpenVPN or similar to get it working. I'm interested to try out Freedome by F-Secure that i got a beta invite for. Just not sure will those solutions work on Jolla.

Should have the device finally here tomorrow and I can start playing with those.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
That I knew. You need to use OpenVPN or similar to get it working. I'm interested to try out Freedome by F-Secure that i got a beta invite for. Just not sure will those solutions work on Jolla.

Should have the device finally here tomorrow and I can start playing with those.
<Off-topic>
So wthat is so special about the service? Its somekind of Spotify competitor? Must be good, if bothering setting VPN for it is wort the trouble

<off-topic/>

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
<Off-topic>
So wthat is so special about the service? Its somekind of Spotify competitor? Must be good, if bothering setting VPN for it is wort the trouble

<off-topic/>
It's Nokia's MixRadio, but just tens of times better.

It is perfect for the likes of me who is most of all looking for new songs, bands. Pandora's music library is totally in a another level compared to all of the big services I have tried.

Also the algorithms it finds music for you is near magic. Still after 3-4 years of using Pandora I find songs and bands in genres that I thought I had exhausted long time ago.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-12-18 at 13:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
aindroid, essential apps