Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
I really like the three centered buttons, just one little problem that would ruin them. The back button should not be in the upper right corner.

Anyone not using DT kernel may tap it, have nothing happen, tap it again and then both taps register, invoking the back action and then closing the app. I had a lot of problems with this in the ASUI interface and had to change how some widgets/dialogs worked to avoid problems. Even with DT kernel this is a bad idea, because your finger may stumble while using back and accidentally tap it a second time.

The other reason is excessive finger travel. Playlist is opened from bottom left corner and closed from upper right corner? I can see myself accidentally opening the playlist when trying to open settings or go to previous song and having to close it from the top.

Settings should be the same way. Buttons to open settings and playlist in lower left corner and once open replace both with a back button in the lower left corner. The back button could be stuck in the corner or it could occupy the same space used by the settings and playlist buttons. But no other button should be located in that space. If the playlist buttons were left alone and back was stuck in the corner then a double tap on playlist could activate the edit button that appears close to where the playlist button was. Any view or popup that is opened from a button must be laid out in such a way to avoid a double tap from coming through to the view or popup and invoking a second action, unless the action is harmless like changing focus to another playlist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Okay I think... well I think I better read your post again tomorrow to find out what are you trying to say

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Will cover art be supported?

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Will cover art be supported?
Tap on the Song name in Title and you'll get a info about song + cover from folder.jpg or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Anyone not using DT kernel may tap it, have nothing happen, tap it again and then both taps register, invoking the back action and then closing the app. I had a lot of problems with this in the ASUI interface and had to change how some widgets/dialogs worked to avoid problems. Even with DT kernel this is a bad idea, because your finger may stumble while using back and accidentally tap it a second time.
I keep seeing double taps when i attempt drags or long taps on my N800. recalibrating the screen seems to do nothing...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
I keep seeing double taps when i attempt drags or long taps on my N800. recalibrating the screen seems to do nothing...
Is your N800 from one of the earlier production runs? Could be the known sensitivity issue, but it's probably too late for a warranty repair now :-(

Could be, got it used tho...

I see it all over the screen tho, not just in a particular area.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tso View Post
There is a kernel tunable in the DT kernel for that.
Look for TS_PENUP_TIME in /etc/kernel_dt_tunables, uncomment it, increase it and apply the changes by running "/etc/init.d/kernel-tunables start", keep testing until the result is most satisfactory to you.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-10-10 at 10:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
seems like a 125ms works, for now at least.

I don't have /etc/kernel_dt_tunables, but I have every dt package installed and flashed the kernel. What am I missing?