Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bellary/Bangalore [Karntaka]
hey guys i am having a problem installing ICS on my N900.
it gets installed but when the settings screen appears after install i select manual setting option and when i click on the android i con it gives an error(app crashes and restarts.) and goes back to the same screen....
cant get out of the loop to reach the homescreen.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
Is there no hope for me?

Originally Posted by asasan View Post
I used the same download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb and the installer did take a while to complete. I just can boot up with android when turning it on with keyboard out.

I thought on a newly flashed unit with lots of room.this installation method should be fine. Is there another method of installation without partitioning

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bellary/Bangalore [Karntaka]
Is there no hope for me?
try using latest beta installer it uses ur phone memory and installs in it

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
Originally Posted by Nihanthk View Post
try using latest beta installer it uses ur phone memory and installs in it
Would you be kind enough to tell where I can get this latest? Wherever I go the NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb is available as latest. I don't see any beta. Is it the case that the last stable version is not really reliable and one's best choice is the latest beta?

Easy to see the reason for the migration away from magnificent machines towards mainstream devices and widely used OS. Shame!

All the money lost in Nokia stock since 2007 aside, clinging to N900 and not having any support to install applications is just pathetic.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Hello, I finally yielded trying to install nitdroid again, using this installer NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb given a few messages before

Originally Posted by samipower View Post
AMMYT auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhzu11sa3109hzz
I open the setting window just to have a look. Then I wanted to close, but the lock/unlock button didn't work. So I tried to click the power button. Nitdroid locked. To unlock it, I made mistake and I disabled the sound. Then system shutdown, and I can't boot it anymore, it reboot immediately after showing "nitdroid".

ok never mind, but the real problem is that it introduced kernel loops, when I try to boot nokia or CSSU kernels, the led lights orange, and it reboots. It boots after about 8 attempts usually. I think there is problem in multiboot configuration, how could I solve it?

Thanks a lot for your work anyway.

edit: after reinstalling, nitdroid boots but is crashing too often. CSSU kernel is still not booting everytime.

Last edited by krutznikov; 2012-06-11 at 12:49.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Linaro optimizes Android ICS performance with gcc 4.7 toolchain:
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4089218
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/.../#comment-8549
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/B...INjUAw7F8j%2FQ
In light of this, and other improvements upon Android, I've moved the N900 device configuration to Cyanogenmod.

Sources here, it should be easy enough to build for someone with experience building Android.

Note that I've updated the config from NITDroid to better adapt to CyanogenMod 9 standards - inline kernel building being the main one.

Note that I haven't tested booting it yet after adding SGX support. It probably works now though. Doing a build to test it (it should f***ing work now)

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-06-11 at 05:01.

Would you be kind enough to tell where I can get this latest? Wherever I go the NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb is available as latest. I don't see any beta. Is it the case that the last stable version is not really reliable and one's best choice is the latest beta?

Easy to see the reason for the migration away from magnificent machines towards mainstream devices and widely used OS. Shame!

All the money lost in Nokia stock since 2007 aside, clinging to N900 and not having any support to install applications is just pathetic.
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...7&d=1333559853

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Nigeria
hello please. i installed the nitdroid n12 umay to my nokia n900. if i try to run it, it works for some minutes and later switch off on its own. what can i do?

Originally Posted by dharmelorlar View Post
hello please. i installed the nitdroid n12 umay to my nokia n900. if i try to run it, it works for some minutes and later switch off on its own. what can i do?
Ah .. Ahaha .. Me too! But It happens sometimes. Try to avoid the screen sleeps.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid