Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sim6 View Post
I prefer a libre unsupported application than privative application.
Here are the libre alternatives:
  • lpsmagic
  • USbS (actually the mention of this on mwkn motivated me to write Billboard)

In the meantime, Billboard 1.0.1 is still waiting in Ovi QA, but 1.0.2 will be uploaded right after 1.0.1 is published (don't want to "reset" the QA time by replacing 1.0.1 in the queue with 1.0.2). Version 1.0.2 adds support for a system-aligned timer, so the Billboard is correctly updated even if you don't have a changing element there (e.g. if you would only have the date on the billboard, this won't ever update - this is fixed in 1.0.2).

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Why is Ovi store taking so long to release the new version?
Not sure :/ There's no real feedback that a developer gets during QA. At the end, one either gets a "published" or "QA failed" mail with (in case of failure) a list of things that didn't work out).

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
hi is it possible for the song title to be split. For example, some of the titles are so long that the screen cant display it all so it centres the title and parts of it are cut off. Could you make it such that if the size exceeds the width then there is a split onto the next line.
The fix in 1.0.1 is that the text will be elided (ellipsized?) when it would go over the screen. You can also use the song title and song artist as separate fields (that's actually what I do, and is available in 1.0.0 already). I'll think about maybe adding something that would just split lines at word boundaries.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
thanks. the problem is that the song title itself is longer than the width of the screen so if you could come up with a way to split the lines it would be great.

I'm fine if the rest of the song title is replaced with ellipsis (...) if it is too long. Whatever is displayed should be enough to identify the song. Splitting into 2 lines may upset the information on the next line.

It will be more useful if the song queue can also be displayed like 3/10 ( 3rd song of 10) when playing albums. This avoid having to return to music player to check how many songs are left to play.

thp, could you also add functionality to change the colour of each individual line. The line could be selected and the colour changed.

thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
It will be more useful if the song queue can also be displayed like 3/10 ( 3rd song of 10) when playing albums. This avoid having to return to music player to check how many songs are left to play.
Yes, I've added this to my TODO list. Let's see if and how I can pull this off (it's probably not in ContextKit, so I might have to look again into MAFW to get this info, and then it might only be compatible with the built-in Music Player, and not third party player apps).

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
thp, could you also add functionality to change the colour of each individual line. The line could be selected and the colour changed.
I thought about this, but haven't figured out how to make this usable for the user. One idea would be that you would write {red} or {green} at the beginning of the line, and the line would be colored that way. Or select-text-then-select-color, but this might be a bit overkill?

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
i think you can use the current setup whereby the colour selector applies to all the lines. However, if a user wants he can change a particular line's colour by selecting that text and the colour {red} then appears at the beginning and end of that line.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thanx thp! This app is great. I use it for date, music and reminders (which I write in the app). Will be great when it can cooperate with the meecast applet. Here's my question. Can I get the coming or ongoing calendar post on the screen?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I thought about this, but haven't figured out how to make this usable for the user. One idea would be that you would write {red} or {green} at the beginning of the line, and the line would be colored that way. Or select-text-then-select-color, but this might be a bit overkill?
to color or format text, may be you can allow syntax like html??

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Billboard 1.0.1 fixes this (currently waiting in Ovi QA)

Update v. 1.0.1 in Ovi Store.

Last edited by banong; 2012-06-05 at 04:03.

Originally Posted by masen View Post
Thanx thp! This app is great. I use it for date, music and reminders (which I write in the app). Will be great when it can cooperate with the meecast applet. Here's my question. Can I get the coming or ongoing calendar post on the screen?
Cooperation with the MeeCast applet is already in 1.0.1 (published since yesterday/today), which should appear as an update for you soon. As for the calendar: Yes, in fact I've been working on this yesterday: http://flic.kr/p/cbqZ33

Originally Posted by banong View Post
Update v. 1.0.1 in Ovi Store.
Yep, it has just been released A detailed ChangeLog can be found at http://thp.io/2012/billboard/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: