Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Way too often after microB has been left open for a little while, specially (but not restricted to) when sites that use JS and/or Flash have been open, it starts to get more and more unresponsive, pretty soon reaching an unusable level, somtimes i get the dialog about a script taking too long to execute (both with microB's own and with scripts on the page) as well as the dialog about the page not responding and somtimes even microB as a whole.

Any idea what is going on and how i can fix this?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
step one should be to use conky or something to see if this is a ram or cpu problem. maybe you can narrow the problem down to a specific set of websites or browser plugins if you keep an eye on conky...

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I have the same problem, but it is with very specific pages/sites. Going to www.sporten.dk (danish sports site) always locks up microB...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
wow that one is brutal

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
I've been having similar problems, and it's usually accompanied by greasemonkey prompts to stop the script. Maybe not related.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Guys your problems might be with something else , for me MicroB never freezes , in rare cases it just crashed with Internal error message but never becomes unresponsive

I've checked your website and its a really heavy but its working fine just takes long times to load

p.s.Device is overclocked to 950Mhz and I have swappolube installed
maybe that's why it works?
Attached Images

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Way too often after microB has been left open for a little while, specially (but not restricted to) when sites that use JS and/or Flash have been open, it starts to get more and more unresponsive, pretty soon reaching an unusable level, somtimes i get the dialog about a script taking too long to execute (both with microB's own and with scripts on the page) as well as the dialog about the page not responding and somtimes even microB as a whole.

Any idea what is going on and how i can fix this?
you can fix it by contacting the author of the webpages and ask them to code the page to require less processing power.

(they probably won't bother because average desktop pc has loads of processing power....)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
you can fix it by contacting the author of the webpages and ask them to code the page to require less processing power.

(they probably won't bother because average desktop pc has loads of processing power....)
But really, they should bother. At least for a time, the world is becoming more phone-centric, so how much power people have on their desktop pc has become less relevant than it once was.

Tags
just shoot me, microb, unresponsive