Active Topics

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
<sigh/>
Haven't we moved on already?
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I am not, in fact, a FS advocate. I'm OSS, thanks very much.
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There is a very big difference between freedom and chaos.
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Maybe you read a different thread, and accidentally responded here?

Not the first time someone in a forum got it all wrong!
Attack the individual(s) who speaks ill of any aspect/assessment about the 'community'? I don't recall any mention to any of your names in his post.. yet your reply quotes him and responds as if he did.

Doesn't that make you feel empty... like saying 'you love lamp' ? No wait that would be like defending the lamp when someone says it sucks.

Or perhaps someone did that you in another post and you replying to the wrong thread?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Attack the individual(s) who speaks ill of any aspect/assessment about the 'community'? I don't recall any mention to any of your names in his post.. yet your reply quotes him and responds as if he did.

Doesn't that make you feel empty... like saying 'you love lamp' ? No wait that would be like defending the lamp when someone says it sucks.

Or perhaps someone did that you in another post and you replying to the wrong thread?
How ironic pipeline. Aren't you just now doing what you take others to task over? A bit hypocritical, isn't it?

The poster we responded to made a general slam against several posters, and it's patently obvious who he intended to address. It's also obvious he completely misunderstood the reservations that had been expressed about the original proposition, and threw up a straw man in response. Some of us rightly called foul.

It's rather perplexing, too, because it LOOKED like we'd reached an understanding and were on the path toward something everyone could work with. Now here you and the other guy fan the flames again.

Why?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Attack? Perhaps you could show me the attack in my post; I missed it. (I won't presume to speak for the others, but some elaboration on some of theirs might be helpful as well.) The statement you quoted was explaining where the rest of my response comes from. It really doesn't make horribly much sense when you take it out of context, but I even so I don't think it constitutes an attack.

As for who was named; my name was not invoked, I concede. Which is relevant, how?
The comment was addressed to
people related to communities that claim to value "freedom" as a fundamental tenet
who are
utterly committed to constraining the editorial options of [itT].
So the first clause would include everyone who posted in this thread; the second, as an accusation of things that didn't happen, doesn't literally apply to any of us. But plainly it was intended to apply to some of us; I think it's reasonable to construe it as intended for all the opponents of Reggie's original download section.

One who paints with a broad brush is likely to receive defenses from many directions; if pa28pilot's goal was to target only certain individuals, listing their names would have been appropriate.

Huh? Not really.
Wait a minute, none of us named you; I'll bet someone did this to you someplace else and you accidentally replied here...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
wow im afraid to ask ...is there any timeline for this type of site addon...also ga if your out there coul you forward that pm to benson and texrat...or just tell me its imnpossible

Well i didnt expect the threatening pm from texrat... but the response here was expected...

Yes i take the liberty to chastise you in the same way your chasting others.

Since i gain no enjoyment from it other than to highlight the common 'emotional' tenor which the 'we' camp obviously uses to rebuke dissenting opinions.

None of the people i quoted need to take this deep into your soul... since i dont care enough about my observation other than i felt the need to share that unfortunate insight of the 'trending' here with you. Some of you actually did put thought into your response but should have generalized their response so as not to incite the type of anger which you might now be experiencing.

This by the way has nothing to do with the topic being discussed but its tenor.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-05-23 at 23:40.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
well pipeline and the others you know the old saying about opinions.....and ive seen alot of those here both overly emotional and overly intellectual....just my 2 cents

The Following User Says Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I <3 lamp. It's even better with two php AND perl (lampp). And I'm not ashamed to admit it!

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Well i didnt expect the threatening pm from texrat...
If this is a private dispute with Texrat, you might discuss it privately with him. If you intend to make it public, you might consider quoting it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
ldrn you inspire me...

benson... no thanks to the bait. sorry if anyone took offense to my post.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
but the response here was expected...
When you willfully spew stupid, flame-fanning nonsense, you usually know what response to expect.