Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
Hi everybody, I got interested on karma calculations when they announced the developer program. I know I'm very new to this community, but I like developing open source software, and it would be nice to win discounts for devices in the near future by doing something I like.

But I'm having a doubt right now, how to relate my maemo.org account with my talk.maemo.org account? I created them separately, and now it seems that I'm not getting any karma for posts and thanks on talk.maemo.

My maemo.org profile: http://maemo.org/profile/view/puelocesar/

Thanks for the help,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
how do you link accounts?
i looked yesterday but have no idea where to do it

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by puelocesar View Post
Hi everybody, I got interested on karma calculations when they announced the developer program. I know I'm very new to this community, but I like developing open source software, and it would be nice to win discounts for devices in the near future by doing something I like.

But I'm having a doubt right now, how to relate my maemo.org account with my talk.maemo.org account? I created them separately, and now it seems that I'm not getting any karma for posts and thanks on talk.maemo.

My maemo.org profile: http://maemo.org/profile/view/puelocesar/

Thanks for the help,
Puelocesar, on this post I see that you were "thanked" 26 times. On your profile, your "Karma" is 26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Puelocesar, on this post I see that you were "thanked" 26 times. On your profile, your "Karma" is 26.
Nope, 26 is because of my blog posts

The Following User Says Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Nope, 26 is because of my blog posts
You are right, the 26 Karma points are from your blogs. I am just saying that you now have 27 "Thanks", two of them from me.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
how do you link accounts?
i looked yesterday but have no idea where to do it
Log in to maemo.org, locate your Annoying Floaty Bar and select Page, find 'edit account' or something like that (and I think alternatively http://maemo.org/profile/edit should work).Scroll down to talk.maemo.org url and enter the url you can find if you hover over your login name in a talk.maemo.org page (should be something like http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=<some-number>)

Your accounts are now linked.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
...how to relate my maemo.org account with my talk.maemo.org account?
Have you followed the linking procedure outlined in the wiki?

Once your accounts are linked, it may take 36 to 48 hours for your account on maemo.org to begin showing karma earned on talk.maemo.org. After that, karma from Talk will be included in the regular recalculation of your user karma, something that takes place about once a day.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Have you followed the linking procedure outlined in the wiki?

Once your accounts are linked, it may take 36 to 48 hours for your account on maemo.org to begin showing karma earned on talk.maemo.org. After that, karma from Talk will be included in the regular recalculation of your user karma, something that takes place about once a day.
Yeah I think I linked 2 days ago.. I didn't found this wiki you posted, that's why I was asking. So I just have to wait a little longer right. Thanks for the tip!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah I think I linked 2 days ago.. So I just have to wait a little longer right.
Yes, with a little more time, it should start working. That "36 to 48 hours" was a rough guess on my part. I just know it takes a few days before the karma calculator begins showing the influence of Talk activity. It may take a bit longer than 48 hours, and no, I've no idea why there is such a delay.

Actually, judging by the number of times people have posted here reporting the linking of their accounts hasn't worked and then posted a followup the next day saying "nevermind", I've come to believe the best estimate of the delay is "24 hours after you've decided you must have done something wrong or the darn thing is broken".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I've come to believe the best estimate of the delay is "24 hours after you've decided you must have done something wrong or the darn thing is broken".
LOL!! So based on that assumption it will probably work tomorrow :P