Hi all,

One thing I forgot to ask a while back was whether or not anyone knew if vpnc will work over the 3G network. I'm not certain how "open" the 3G network is. Basically, could I truly work from ANYWHERE as long as I had a 3G network link?

Why not? "Opennes" of a network doesn't depend on the technology (3g), but the operator. So if you want to be sure you should ask from the operator.

Well I bring it up because in the past when linking my n800 to the Internet via a cellphone connection, vpnc never worked though websites and things would. So I was unsure if anything was filtered or certain types of packets would be dropped, etc.

Yeah, that would be a block by your operator rather than 3g itself. If your provider decides what traffic you are permitted to send over 3g, then you need to switch providers.

Even if you don't intend to use the blocked services.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Depends on your provider. Some are known to block certain protocols. Part of the purpose of Maemo wiki data plans entry is to outline such information.

Hmm....

Mine works but sometimes does not too. .

So its puzzling me too.

Using wifi ->typically 8/10 can connect to co vpn
Using 3g from tmobile -> 2/10 can connect to co vpn

Not so sure whats happening .

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post: