Active Topics

The subjuect sums up my quest; I had a N900 touch screen die on me after being caught in a rain storm. Having ussed ssh to copy most of my day-to-day stuff from it, I'd like the little fella to live on as a media server. I can use xterm to fire up the wi-fi and thus get online, but anything that needs non-keyboard control is not a goer.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

use VNC to install kernel-power then you can use a usb mouse

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Or invest 10 quid on eBay to buy a new touchscreen.

Well, I may do the latter in due course, but I have already acquired a new N900 and am slightly loathe to break the old one open; I have rigger's fingers, not fairy ones.... So, in the meanwhile, media server software for N900 that's entirely kb driven?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2013-09-23 at 21:56. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Like posted before, install vnc server and u can use the mouse, make it easier for yourself.
You can install samba and use it as a file server... Not sure about media server?

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post: