Notices

For those like me that can't live without mutt text email client please note that I just built the deb package and provided my scratchbox compilation notes here: http://www.courville.org/mediawiki/index.php/N810
It depends on cyrus-sasl libraries that are also provided as a deb package.
You will need also to install on the libncursesw5 on your tablet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bragon For This Useful Post:
You, sir, just made my day. Works fine, including gpg support! :-)

just updated the package on my web page since the sasl support wasn't working. Now it does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bragon For This Useful Post:
Confirmed, sending mail (via $smtp_url) failed with the original binary but works with the current one (somewhat confusingly they both have the same version number). The new one is also significantly smaller (1744494 vs 2087986 bytes), are there any other changes?

BTW, do you have any plans of pushing this to maemo extras?

It would also be nice to package urlview if/when you have some spare time.

Does anyone have any tips for an appropriate .mailcap? It seems that most of the built-in apps (eg osso_pdfviewer) don't accept command-line arguments. Is there a gnome-open equivalent that I haven't discovered yet perhaps?

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by bragon View Post
just updated the package on my web page since the sasl support wasn't working. Now it does.
It does not work for my N800 and OS2008. It says: "Incompatible application package" (with the application manager).

Also, I didn't find the libncursesw5 package available, although I have the Extra repository enabled. The repository seems to be broken.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!
L.

PS: I cannot live without mutt either...

Last edited by luis; 2009-04-14 at 22:29.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Does anyone have any tips for an appropriate .mailcap? It seems that most of the built-in apps (eg osso_pdfviewer) don't accept command-line arguments. Is there a gnome-open equivalent that I haven't discovered yet perhaps?
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_pdfviewer /usr/bin/osso_pdfviewer com.nokia.osso_pdfviewer.mime_open string:file://<path to file>

mime_open is always the same and if you need to do it for another app, I run dbus-monitor & open a file with the file manager to see the right osso_*.

That said, https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2521 may be more useful.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-04-14 at 22:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
Sounds nice ... but doesn't work for me. What I typed:

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_pdfviewer /usr/bin/osso_pdfviewer com.nokia.osso_pdfviewer.mime_open string:file:///home/user/MyDocs/.documents/osso_software_copyright.pdf

The pdfviewer opens, but without document.
Where is the problem?

Just a hint: a real example without placeholders <>... is usually better

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
... sorry to everybody, but after a reboot it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to petersteier For This Useful Post:
Hi,
thanks for mutt! works perfectly with my gmail account, but for an other account sending mail always fails with no authenticators available.

google search resulting in installing sasl. But I have installed the cyrus-sasl?!? does the .muttrc need special configuration for cyrus-sasl?

right now it looks like this:
set smtp_url= "smtp://myacount@server:25"
set smtp_pass = "mypass"
set smtp_authenticators = "plain" (also tried login and cram-md5)

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Reno, NV
Excellent, just got mutt working. Only trouble I found covered in another thread just before posting a question here... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28325

Basically, you also need to apt-get install ncurses-base to avoid an error about missing xterm when you try to start mutt.

Also found http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access which describes all the ways to get root so you can run apt-get, and warns against RD mode unless you really need it. Perhaps the wiki page above would be a better place to put these updates? Thanks again!

Tags
email, mutt