Active Topics

If you're feeling brave (or stupid) enough you can do this using a Linux virtual machine using VirtualBox (and probably the other virtualization solutions).

The only issue I had with installing was the 2nd stage loader (when the NITdroid logo pulses) didn't work at first. I'm not sure if this is where the pause (due to first load caching) is supposed to be or not but the first 2 times it sat there for 5+ minutes before I gave up. I tried again later and now it works fine, could be the sd card didn't make a good enough connection I suppose.

Anyway apart from that it seems to work fine. Apart from it's complete refusal to connect to my wi-fi. I've tried add the connection manually but it still says no. Maybe this doesn't work but the project page implies that it does. Any ideas?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by rasmithuk View Post
Anyway apart from that it seems to work fine. Apart from it's complete refusal to connect to my wi-fi. I've tried add the connection manually but it still says no. Maybe this doesn't work but the project page implies that it does. Any ideas?
If you just added the connection, try rebooting-- usually that helps. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest getting the calibration utility.

http://stlc45xx.garage.maemo.org/

You'll need to get stlc45xx-cal and place it on the FAT partition (/sdcard) on your SD card. It should help, even if rebooting fixes it.

I followed this and it seemed to work. When I booted the first time it went to a blank black screen until I pulled out the battery. It booted fine after that.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jakemaheu View Post

NEW: I've written a quick script for downloading all of the files. You'll need to go in and change:
Code:
cd /home/yourusernamegoeshere/Desktop/
to whatever your username is on your system.
Replace "yourusernamegoeshere" with "$USER" and it will automatically get the username.

And I'm probably being pedantic here but "dmesg | tail" is nicer to look at than "dmesg" (in this case) .

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-12-24 at 11:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakemaheu View Post
If you just added the connection, try rebooting-- usually that helps. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest getting the calibration utility.

http://stlc45xx.garage.maemo.org/

You'll need to get stlc45xx-cal and place it on the FAT partition (/sdcard) on your SD card. It should help, even if rebooting fixes it.

Thanks for the hint. It didn't make any difference, however this morning another new wifi device refused to connect (Dell mini 9) and when I checked the wifi was on channel 13.
Since these extra channels don't exist everywhere I'm guessing by default the wifi chipset ignores them. When I changed to channel 1 both devices work fine.

Has anyone been able to flash NITdriod on the WiMAX tablet? Mine's hardware revision is 1007, and flasher said it flashed the image correctly. When I start the tablet, it shows the Nokia logo, with the picture of a spanner inside the tablet, and does not proceed further. I partitioned my 2G internal card to have 500M vfat, unpartitioned, 500M ext3 all formatted and the android rootfs files copied over.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
Has anyone been able to flash NITdriod on the WiMAX tablet? Mine's hardware revision is 1007, and flasher said it flashed the image correctly. When I start the tablet, it shows the Nokia logo, with the picture of a spanner inside the tablet, and does not proceed further. I partitioned my 2G internal card to have 500M vfat, unpartitioned, 500M ext3 all formatted and the android rootfs files copied over.
From what I've read, there's something different about the WiMax N810 that causes a lot of things to fail on it. I don't know however, as I've only got an N800.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
The NITdroid kernel have support for the N810W but if it doesn't work for you it would be a good idea to flash the debugging kernel and see what it does. Other thing is being sure to remove the external SD card.

Originally Posted by solca View Post
The NITdroid kernel have support for the N810W but if it doesn't work for you it would be a good idea to flash the debugging kernel and see what it does. Other thing is being sure to remove the external SD card.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Can you please point me to the location of this kernel? I only see instructions for rd-mode on guug.org. I had removed the external card to avoid the kernel attempting to boot off it.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Dude, are you serious?

http://guug.org/nit/nitdroid/

Quote:

For testing and debugging:
NITdroid debugging kernel for N770 (2.6.28-rc8-omap 2008Dec10)
NITdroid debugging kernel for N8x0 (2.6.28-rc9-omap 2008Dec20)

Its right there... keep reading...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
android, nitdroid