Notices

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
* Which backend do you use, Mapnik or libosmscout?
i use mapnik, in libscount look same.

* If Mapnik, did you install fonts module?
yes, 2 modules

* When viewing with Poor Maps or modRana, do you see jobs submitted to OSM Scout Server?
starting sending, but look like not complete a request

* What do the logs of the server say?
the unique error logs is: Tile extract could be not loaded

* Does Map Manager show that your maps are fine (nothing listed as incompatible/needs download)?
yes

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-06-16 at 18:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Let's focus on Mapnik first. I assume you use Guatemala, right?

Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
* When viewing with Poor Maps or modRana, do you see jobs submitted to OSM Scout Server?
starting sending, but look like not complete a request
So, do you see requests as INFO messages in the server's Events log?

* What do the logs of the server say?
the unique error logs is: Tile extract could be not loaded
This is Valhalla's message and its nothing to worry about (I am planning to cleanup messages a bit later).

OK, if there are no "strange" messages, then maybe I could take a look on full log. For that, go to Settings/in the end of Settings, select "Log messages into session log file" and select "Log info messages" above it/Accept. Close the server, open it up again. Go to Poor Maps, clear cache, close Poor Maps, open Poor Maps and try to move around on the map.

While you move, the server should have displayed number of jobs and that there are requests coming in as Events on the main window. If you still don't have any map, close the server and send me the file

.cache/harbour-osmscout-server/harbour-osmscout-server/session.log

from your phone. Probably best is to use pastebin (or alike, https://ptpb.pw/f ) with some reasonable expiry date (few days should be fine). Then I can check the logs and see if something comes up.

* Does Map Manager show that your maps are fine (nothing listed as incompatible/needs download)?
yes
There is a bug which I should fix and may have something to do with your problem. Do you have world coastlines and language parser downloaded?

Maybe the error is somewhere else. I have just tested Guatemala on my device and it shows the map fine. So, its probably not an importer bug (if you use that country map).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
rinigus I traveled here for a few days, check the map ("georgia US" it is not work) guatemala map work nicely.

thanks

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-06-16 at 21:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
rinigus I traveled here for a few days, check the map ("georgia united states" it is not work) guatemala map work nicely.

thanks
Georgia (US) has very suspiciously small Mapnik database (3MB) when compared to OSM Scout (165MB). So, something has happened with its import. And, indeed, on testing, map is rather "sad" over there. I'll take a look into it (will file an issue in github).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
For those facing issues with RAM consumption in Jolla One, see https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/153 ( @a-dekker thank you for reporting and feedback). Try to reduce cache size for Valhalla and see if it helps

rinigus I traveled here for a few days, check the map ("georgia US" it is not work) guatemala map work nicely.

thanks
Its possible that it was "an operator" error, i.e. mine, during the import. I might have stopped Georgia import accidentally. I'll write a script to check for such strange imports and maybe I can catch these cases before publishing them.

Anyway, when I re-imported Georgia, all seemed to be fine. Any other territories that are problematic?

If no-one needs Georgia/US right now, I would update it together with the full update later, probably in 2-3 weeks. So, if there are some places which are imported wrongly and you need them before, let me know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
From the analysis of the import sizes, it looks like the following territories had issues with Mapnik import:

europe/france/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur
north-america/canada/new-brunswick
north-america/canada/nunavut
north-america/canada/ontario
north-america/canada/quebec
north-america/canada/saskatchewan
north-america/mexico
north-america/us/georgia
north-america/us/idaho
north-america/us/indiana
north-america/us/kentucky
north-america/us/maine
north-america/us/montana
north-america/us/north-carolina
north-america/us/ohio
north-america/us/oklahoma
north-america/us/region/midwest
north-america/us/wyoming

On the next planet import, I'll check for Mapnik import errors by comparing import sizes. If I have missed anything, please let me know. If you need these maps within 2 weeks, please tell me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Yes i need georgia US fixed almost right know ... if do , Is appreciated

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-06-17 at 23:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Yes i need georgia US fixed almost right know ... if do , Is appreciated
Should have guessed that myself. I am uploading and, hopefully, timezone differences would work for the benefit this time. It would take few hours, maybe 6-8, until all is in data.modrana.org due to the distribution model that we use. I'll update this post when its all up and ready.

Edit Uploads done and Georgia (US) should be fine. Go to Map Manager, press "Check for updates", you should get the message with Georgia listed as a candidate for updates; accept and wait till it finishes the download. Hopefully, not too late.

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-06-18 at 13:42.

\0/ Thank you: everything work perfectly. I will also say that with the integration of Mapnik and Valhalla, it looks same that "Here Map" or others.

I also want to add that some is missing in PoorMap ,when i search a POI PoorMap has give first result according to the location a gps, will usefull.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-06-18 at 15:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles