Notices

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi,

I've written a light Bitcoin Wallet Client that use the third party service MyWallet from Blockchain.info.

You can view your wallet, emit transaction, and supports double encryption

As screenshot is better than a long text :

It s the first beta release. So i ll appreciate if you have any remarks about it.

More information on http://khertan.net/BitPurse

Last edited by Khertan; 2012-12-28 at 19:05.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Exactly what I've been waiting for. Thanks!

Going to pull out my N9 to test it out now.

Edit:
Is porting this to maemo (n900) out of the question?

Last edited by jd4200; 2012-12-28 at 14:22.

base code will be Easy to port, as it's python (just need to backport some code to python2.5.

The difficult part will be to make harmattan qt components working on n900 ...

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
base code will be Easy to port, as it's python (just need to backport some code to python2.5.

Ah ok.

You should announce it on the BCT forums, you may find a few N9(50) users over there aswell.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I can't get it to work appsformeego is down, and Khertan.net yields another .deb than the one on MeeGo COBS. The latter gives me errors while installing from the shell.

I've settled for bitpurse_0.9.0-1_armel.deb from khertan.net, which installs fine and downloads a dependency. But afterward I can't start BitPurse. Running from the shell yields:

Code:
/opt/bitpurse $ ./__init__.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
    from wallet import WalletController
  File "/opt/bitpurse/wallet.py", line 21, in <module>
    from Crypto.Cipher import AES
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher
Is there a dependency missing? I see python-crypto in the apt-cache database. Should I apt-get install this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Hum look like i forgot a dependancy in the package

Thanks a lot.

EDIT : Fixed and released in 0.9.1. Thanks again

Last edited by Khertan; 2012-12-28 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Hmm, are you sure? I get the same error with 0.9.1. The package depends on "python, python-pyside.qtgui, python-pyside.qtdeclarative, python-pyside.qtcore, python-pyside.qtopengl" according to pkgmgr. I also noted that the size of extra dependencies downloaded was identical as before.

[edit] I saw your commit on Github for v0.9.2. It now works

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2012-12-29 at 22:00.

yep i didn't save file before packaging now it's works for harmattan also i ve tested only on Nemo mobile

Do you have a TODO/whish list? I can list some feature request and remarks, but that would be pointless if you already know them.

Still, here's what I've found:
  • Being unfamiliar with blockchain.info, it wasn't clear that I had to use the identifier as "Login" for bitpurse.
  • Also, while I'm familiar with bitcoin-concepts, it was trial&error to get it going in BP. A more guided tour might be welcome.
  • BC.info supports aliases for those identifiers, but these are not supported by BP.
  • When entering password after starting the app, it is shown in plain text...
  • It seems the preferences (saving identifier, password) are only talking effect the next time you start the app.
  • In preferences, the menu bar is still visible, allowing you to go into preferences, etc.
  • No splash-screen. Loading takes a while, so that would be welcome.
  • Entering identifiers and bitcoin addresses is *very* tedious. Using a QR-app like CodeCam helps, but it still is not too practical. Is it possible to register BP as a bitcoin: protocol handler and/or use QR codes and/or NFC directly from BP

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post

The Harmattan Qt Components are available for Fremantle. Just install the qt-components-10 package and you are set. There is also a discussion thread about the components port.

I'm using these components to run the same QML files as for Harmattan in both modRana and Mieru without issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
bitcoin, blockchain, mywallet