in the recent calls screen, any call happening on the same day-of-the-month is styled as if it was today, even if its a different month.

so, 2013/04/02, 2013/02/02, and 2012/12/02 all leave off the date and just show the time.

im not posting this for any particular reason, other than to see if this is widely experienced. perhaps i have some particular corner case? these were all calls imported with callbackuprestore.

its, shall i say, disconcerting to look at a number that called you 2 years ago and have it look like it was 3 hours ago. especially if that person is, er, somewhat less than fully alive these days.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I have same thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I don't have this problem.

My regional format is "Tuesday, 2 April 2013" so the recent call list is sorted as "01.04.2013 17:31" and they are fine chronologically.

hope it helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I don't have this problem.

My regional format is "Tuesday, 2 April 2013" so the recent call list is sorted as "01.04.2013 17:31" and they are fine chronologically.

hope it helps
to be more clear, the problem isnt the sorting. they are all sorted correctly. the problem is that the date isnt shown for some days where it should be.

for today's calls, mine shows "09:30". for yesterdays, mine shows "01 April 2013 09:30".

the problem is for last month; it just shows "09:30", instead of "02 March 2013 09:30".

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
to be more clear, the problem isnt the sorting. they are all sorted correctly. the problem is that the date isnt shown for some days where it should be.

for today's calls, mine shows "09:30". for yesterdays, mine shows "01 April 2013 09:30".

the problem is for last month; it just shows "09:30", instead of "02 March 2013 09:30".
I've checked again and it doesn't seem to occur in my device, but it might just be that i dont have calls for the dates that this happens. If you have the time, i would propose to change to another regional setting option and see if it gets corrected.

I'll keep an eye anyway if i notice anything in the next days.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I've checked again and it doesn't seem to occur in my device, but it might just be that i dont have calls for the dates that this happens. If you have the time, i would propose to change to another regional setting option and see if it gets corrected.

I'll keep an eye anyway if i notice anything in the next days.
its always just on calls that have the same day-of-the-month, but a different month.

for example, right now, if i look at calls i got on March 3rd, February 3rd, January 3rd, and December 3rd, they all have the problem.

for me, it is ALWAYS the case, every day. tomorrow, calls i got on March 4th will be wrong.

so if you see a call today for March 3rd, and it DOESNT have this problem, then you definitely dont have my problem.

also, it happens for me regardless of regional settings or language. i tried ukraine {dd.mm.yyyy hh24:mm} and a few others.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
its always just on calls that have the same day-of-the-month, but a different month.

for example, right now, if i look at calls i got on March 3rd, February 3rd, January 3rd, and December 3rd, they all have the problem.

for me, it is ALWAYS the case, every day. tomorrow, calls i got on March 4th will be wrong.

so if you see a call today for March 3rd, and it DOESNT have this problem, then you definitely dont have my problem.

also, it happens for me regardless of regional settings or language. i tried ukraine {dd.mm.yyyy hh24:mm} and a few others.
Where is your N9 from?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

hardware is chinese, firmware is DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
hardware is chinese, firmware is DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM
Some N9's have this issue, I haven't been able to peg this on whether it's related to where it is from or if it's a matter of something else...

If I can make a correlation I will tell you.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

I can see the bug on my phone. Thanks for bringing it to my notice

Mine is Finnish built.