Ok, I downloaded a program - bluedining-0.9.tar.tgz, followed instructions to compile it / install it, ( Been living off of ubuntu, so I have been using apt-get install as a crutch )
I copy+pasted it to my microSD card, then
cd /media/mmc1,
ls command show's the file as bluedriving-0.9.tar.tgz
I then use tar -
tar zxf bluedriving-0.9.tar.tgz
tar: invalid gzip magic
then I -
tar zxf bluedriving-0.9.tar.gz
Also
tar zxf bluedriving-0.9.tgz
Both of these responded saying it could not find file

Again I am new to compiling/manually installing, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

(I also searched for it in app manager, so no luck there =/ )

Well, you're going to have some difficulty getting set up to compile on device at all, but it can be done. The preferred method is to install scratchbox on your PC and cross-compile everything. (I actually use gcc to build stuff natively, so I'm not necessarily recommending against it, just warning you.)

As for the error you're getting, that means it's not a valid gzip; maybe it's uncompressed (some browsers sometimes decompress gzipped downloads, leaving the extension alone), or maybe it's corrupted. Or even a bzip2 misnamed.

You can apt-get install file, and
Code:
file bluedriving-0.9.tar.tgz
to find out what file type it is; or just redownload on the assumption it's a corrupt download.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
(Bluediving is a Bluetooth penetration testing suite.)

Its a .tgz on Sourceforge download page.