Last edited by qspb; 2022-08-02 at 23:50. Reason: 2.5MB/s, not Mb/s

The Following User Says Thank You to qspb For This Useful Post:
When i bootup on nitdroid or firefox OS my wifi is blazing fast and longer distance connection...

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Please, be nice. An9 meant that pointed out that it's something wrong in Meego as on Nitdroid it works nice. It's a good point to know that it's not a crappy module but a bug in software.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Yes...that is exact of what i meant about wifi...thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:
"Blazing fast" and "longer distance connection" is hardly a scientific test comparable to work done by qspb in his first post. Unfortunately, until someone redo similar test on own harmattan powered machine + redo it using Mer, nitroid, or other alternative OS, we can't filter out crappy module or inferior hardware.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qspb View Post
Please, be serious. I bought N9 to enjoy true Linux, not java-machine. And if I needed adroid, I would have bought some other device. Okay?
I just want to discuss N9 802.11N issue with people who know about this problem and maybe know how to fix it.
I'm sorry friend, you seem to be in hurry...but we all want linux, winxp, android, firefox os, amiga os, maemo...and all that, isn't it that of why we bought our beloved N9...it's just a bug...and i guess elop planed it on our devices to anoy us a bit...so maybe we will jump on his winmo sveming car!

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:
You can try disabling power saving mode on the wifi

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I believe saving mode for wifi exists only on maemo5. Harmattan doesn't have a feature like this. At least non that I know of.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Check out these:
Bad Wifi on the N950 -- no reason why it shouldn't work on N9; also touches on IPv6 connectivity issues
Linux iwlagn problems

The Following User Says Thank You to trompkins For This Useful Post:
i have the same issue. And when running nitdroid the wifi performance actually is much better. Both distance and dl speed. Never had this issue prior pr1.3.

at work we have the same internet provider but the router only running in b mode and its it much faster .

going to do some test at home.

Last edited by Sniper_swe; 2012-10-08 at 08:10.