Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Apple is moving very quickly.
That's a very smart move from Apple, what do you think guys?
Apple's Mac Pro

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

IMHO the only thing Apple is good at is making (gullible) people believe that they, respectively their products, are good. I would not call that ability smart but hey being smart can be a very subjective ability.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I wonder what was first. Jolla's website with scroll down animated content, or Apple's Mac Pro website with scroll down animated content, or did they both copy from somewhere else..?

Anyway, Apple computers are great and intelligently designed hardware. However, the new Mac Pro was necessary as Apple wasn't allowed to sell the old one in Europe anymore, due to some hardware safety regulations.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I must admit Apple is doing nice design.

There is still no other Desktop Computer that can compare with Apple.

99,9% of PC chassis locks like its done by a 10 year old gamer or else some +50 year old guy who does not no anything about how to make a computer look good

I would not mind run some Linux dist on Apple HW.

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
IMHO the only thing Apple is good at is making (gullible) people believe that they, respectively their products, are good. I would not call that ability smart but hey being smart can be a very subjective ability.
Yet that's such a big move from Apple, they had a lot of negative comments regarding iOS 7, but it wouldn't matter anyway, they have this now.
Originally Posted by pycage
I wonder what was first. Jolla's website with scroll down animated content, or Apple's Mac Pro website with scroll down animated content, or did they both copy from somewhere else..?
Yeah, I noticed that.. Will look into it, something seems fishy..
Originally Posted by mikecomputing
I must admit Apple is doing nice design.

There is still no other Desktop Computer that can compare with Apple.

99,9% of PC chassis locks like its done by a 10 year old gamer or else some +50 year old guy who does not no anything about how to make a computer look good

I would not mind run some Linux dist on Apple HW.
I know, I would even buy it. But this is definitely a way to get back to the top.. I am afraid Apple will wear its crown again.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Yet that's such a big move from Apple, they had a lot of negative comments regarding iOS 7, but it wouldn't matter anyway, they have this now.
So what are those negative comments? I would move to apple right away if I could really afford it... I WOULD. I saw that iOS7 combine functions from Android and Windows with their own software and made one beauty os... That's my oppinion after seeing some screenshots, didn't actually test it. But idk, after all my experience with phones and computers, I will stick to Fujitsu and Windows for PC's and Apple and iOS for phones.

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
So what are those negative comments? I would move to apple right away if I could really afford it... I WOULD. I saw that iOS7 combine functions from Android and Windows with their own software and made one beauty os... That's my oppinion after seeing some screenshots, didn't actually test it. But idk, after all my experience with phones and computers, I will stick to Fujitsu and Windows for PC's and Apple and iOS for phones.
Well the negative side of Apple was about the combining of Android, WP, Sailfish...etc. features in iOS 7, since they were copying these companies' work. Yes the UI is nice, but they didn't do anything original, every part of the OS is copied from somewhere. And copying another OS' features is definitely wrong. That was were a lot of people stood against Apple. Other than that, I loved the iOS 7, regardless of their VERY closed OS.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
ifans would buy it though the fact they have no use of the dedicated and hyped hardware indeed they may go fine with the earliest mac for what they actually need and a giant leap in compact hardware for those who really need it but find a bit hard to afford it mindless age !

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Well the negative side of Apple was about the combining of Android, WP, Sailfish...etc. features in iOS 7, since they were copying these companies' work. Yes the UI is nice, but they didn't do anything original, every part of the OS is copied from somewhere. And copying another OS' features is definitely wrong. That was were a lot of people stood against Apple. Other than that, I loved the iOS 7, regardless of their VERY closed OS.
Well, so, you're telling me here they take the best parts of other software and combines them together in a stable and closed OS, so anybody can use this without the fear that they can break something if they play with a mod or something like that. That my friend is worth paying, a safe OS that won't break because "my cat touched the touchscreen and deleted the whole filesystem and stuff".

Also, the assistance is gold @ these companies (Apple, and now, since WP8 - Microsoft).

For these open source, who's going to assist you in a problem? A specialized center, or a forum full of people who TRY stuff, maybe it works, maybe it breaks, but that's the magic of open source...

P.S. here I was talking only about smartphone devices. As I will keep my idea, a Fujitsu (MADE IN JAPAN) and Windows (or Linux) is gold in the business area. I don't care about games and stuff, so the video memory can be a let down just for 3D, HD rendering (256 SHARED), but beside that I have: 2.0 Ghz CPU with 1.5 GB of ram (I had to share with another laptop I have), I can run PS6, Sony SoundForge, Sony ACID, Sony Vegas PRO and Visual Studio 2012 with no problems. 80GB of harddisk and that's enough since every personal data is stored on the cloud, and now the extras: high power soundcard (for audio mastering), hard disk g-sensor monitor (meaning when detecting sudden moves/shocks it disables the hard drive for protection), irDA port (for wireless control for other devices), biometric and card reader (security with fingerprint and/or smartcard), hot bay (meaning I can switch to cd-rom, 2nd battery or another hdd drive without rebooting the pc) and the best of all a Wacom Penabled 12inch display with pen input.

All this you can get for about under 400 USD, buy a Win8 PRO license and still spare some money. For real business computer I would recomend "PC" with WINDOWS. Now another thing, I have a fiend that study in UK, and their university uses only MAC so there you have to use MAC because PC is useless, but if you're already used with Windows, stay with windows and buy some good quality hardware for what you need!

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-06-30 at 22:29.

I did NOT disagree that it is a safe OS, with great features and performance. I did not stand against that fact at all, but don't you realize that they're stealing other companies' features? It's STEALING no matter what. If it was great or not, hits and breaks the markets or not, remains stealing. Apple would be in great trouble if they keep all the stolen parts widely exposed in front of people to notice. It's a combination of all OSs mashed-up together, it's stealing. But I can not deny the fact that the OS has improved a lot. Anyway, our topic is about Mac Pro, not the iPhone or iOS 7, so let's stick to this topic right now. Although I would love to hear your opinion regarding Apple's crime.