Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Hello, referring to this thread, I came up to some new "results".
To solve the riddle, I need your help.

Now, I tried my SIM with my uncle's SGS4, it worked, but here's how it works. I am not sure whether my N9 has a HW problem that makes it difficult for it to read my new SIM, or its carrier is locked on my previous SIM. My previous SIM is gone, and won't work. I doubt it's a HW problem as well since it does ask me for PIN code like every 1 minute. But I kinda raced it and went to settings and turned off PIN code request since it was kinda annoying. But now whenever my N9 boots, it tells me "There's a problem with your SIM."

How can I know whether my carrier is locked on my previous SIM or not to know if it needs to be unlocked? And how do I unlock it if it is so?

And how can I check if it's a HW problem?

Please help me, before my new SIM gets burned as well.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Try polishing your sim with a piece of normal paper. It might be oxidation on the copper contacts of your simcard.

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Try polishing your sim with a piece of normal paper. It might be oxidation on the copper contacts of your simcard.
I am sure it's not the SIM card, it has to do with the phone. Because I got this SIM 2 days ago, the old one didn't work either or my dad's SIM.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Please help ASAP