Active Topics

Notices

JamMo is a mobile technological tool for music making for children aged 3-12 years. First stable version (0.5) is now in extras-testing.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...jammo/0.5.0-1/

It contains singing game (Karaoke style) and composing game for younger age group (3-6 years).

NOTE:
This version contains Bear talking only Finnish!

Read manual and more:
http://jammo.garage.maemo.org/user_manual.html

Our project group is starting to look forward and version 1.0 (On Autumn 2010). Welcome to test, comment, vote, report, contribute and discuss about this ½-version.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Hi,

your package is unlocked for promotion. Do you consider promoting it to Extras?
Maybe you have some thoughts on this brainstorm:
Many tested apps in Extras-testing are not promoted timely

Thank you for your reminding. We have done so many new version after that 0.5.0-1, so I do not even remember what it contains. And we are soon in version 1.0.

So should this version still be promoted?

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Great to hear this is being worked on! Eagerly awaiting 1.0.

As for promotion to extras (if the opinion of an anonymous bozo off the internet is of any relevance), I think it's a close call between promotion of 0.5 and waiting for 1.0.

IMO 0.5 was clearly usable but also clearly not finished.

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Thank you for your reminding. We have done so many new version after that 0.5.0-1, so I do not even remember what it contains. And we are soon in version 1.0.

So should this version still be promoted?
I definitely think so. Maybe you can get more users/testers that way?

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Is it still only Finnish?
I wanted to test it with my kids in the past but the language barrier was a bit too much
But looking forward using it with at least English (French would be a plus )

Version on extras is only finnish (0.5.0).
So you must wait.

Version on extras-devel (0.6.8) has finnish+english+german. They are all bundled with same package (automatically installed) called *-fi, do not let it confuse you.

It uses (should use) same language which your device uses ($LANG).

This language affects only to mentor (bear). Language of songs is user-selectable on song selection menu.

Beware of extras-devel version, it uses too much resources and may not work fast enough to be playable at all! Volunteer to test devel-version with overclocked device? ("How much too much we are using/wasting processing power?")

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I can't find even the Finnish version in the repos this evening, despite it appearing on the downloads list. It may be that I'm shortsighted or it is only visible to 3-6 year-olds... but has it been removed?

Even Finnsh bears are good with me!

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I can't find even the Finnish version in the repos this evening, despite it appearing on the downloads list. It may be that I'm shortsighted or it is only visible to 3-6 year-olds... but has it been removed?

Even Finnsh bears are good with me!
I'm way past 3-6 years old and I can see and download/install it in app manager. It's there in the maemo.org catalogue (the artist formerly known as extras).

(Maybe the visibility is filtered by emotional maturity... I can not guarantee that I'd pass the 3-6 year old mark if that's the case.)

Good work on the English talking bear!

I've just finishing downloading Jammo Data and in total it's downloaded musically files of around 13Gb. Is this right?

My neice and nephew love it but I'll have to get rid of it soon as I don't have any space left in MyDocs as I partitioned it to 19Gb.