Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
lol yeah you beat me.
if you can't find the answer we are happy to help, but it's a pretty common problem. try searching with google if the forum search isn't helping.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
copy conky.conf to your MyDocs folder (/home/user/MyDocs/)
edit it: replace ${battery_short} with ${execi 10 hal-device bme |awk -F"[. ]" '$5 == "is_charging" {chrg = $7}; $5 == "percentage" {perc = $7} END if (chrg == "false") {print perc "%"} else {print "Chg"}'}

enjoy your decreased battery life and non-updating percentage.
Isn't easier and better to write this line like this :
${execi 10 hal-device bme | awk /battery.charge_level.percentage/'{print $3"% "}'} ?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
lol yeah you beat me.
if you can't find the answer we are happy to help, but it's a pretty common problem. try searching with google if the forum search isn't helping.
why don't you just help him out, and copy/paste solution ?!

First of all, You're banging on half-a-year old thread without any reason.

As for Your question - because we do not like to breed laziness LMGTFY, or what?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Please help me. Conky starts to show -1% battery with bq27x00_battery module loaded. With BME %% showing okay but lower. What can i do?
Old backup restored by backupmenu but conky still showing -1% battery.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
hello. im using Conky + layout switcher without any problems for a long time, but now after i start any conky layout...a strange green overlayed message appear...that is not clearly readable....but is something like this:

<h3 style="font-size: 30px;"> This domain name has expired.</h3>
<h4 style="font-size: 16px;">
In order to restore the domain and continue the service you will need....
can somebody explain what is the problem and how to solve?

Thank you

looks like i can't read the temperature on yours, but you're running power kernel? weird. That -1 should only show up when it can't read the /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/uevent stuff
Using power kernel v52, I see the uevent stuff is actually in /sys/class/power_supply/rx51-battery/uevent

I can read the uevent file. But since /bq27200-0/ is hardcoded (see first post), what can one do to get conky to read from rx51-battery?

Nobody? Ok...i've created a Queen Beecon Widget to display the battery temperature. Here's the command line for it:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } /POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP/ { print $2/10 "°C"; if ($2 < 350) exit 0; else if ($2 <400) exit 1; else exit 2 }' /sys/class/power_supply/rx51-battery/uevent
Note the code will exit 0 if the temperature is less than 35 C, else exit 1 if it's less than 40, else exit 2. This can be used in QBW to select the widget background color, e.g. red when the battery gets hot.

Last edited by chill; 2013-06-07 at 00:02.

Originally Posted by chill View Post
I can read the uevent file. But since /bq27200-0/ is hardcoded (see first post), what can one do to get conky to read from rx51-battery?
changing it in Conky sourcecode and pushing updated version. It should be trivial to do, I might take look on it when I have free time (which most likely mean I won't look at it 'till I die of old age, sadly. so, feel free to implement my theorizations in practice ).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
changing it in Conky sourcecode and pushing updated version. It should be trivial to do, I might take look on it when I have free time (which most likely mean I won't look at it 'till I die of old age, sadly. so, feel free to implement my theorizations in practice ).

/Estel
Please clarify. Did you change it or are you postponing until old age? What'd you mean by theorizations?

Also, using USB Mode, after switching to "USB host mode (with boost)", which "stops BME", conky will read display some temperature, which also seems to have tenths of a degree Celsius (unlike in the uevent file); I have not applied any conky update of yours yet. Would you know how/why?

Tags
conky