Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I have been waiting for a long time for Insmat cases to be once again available in Jolla shop.

However, now I found even better solution - 19,95 EUR and free shipping in the EU: https://www.phonecaseseurope.com/pro...mat-flip-case/
That looks pretty good. Anyone used them so we can trust em... can it be used as kickstand?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Do not know. However, I ordered one. Can comment when delivered. Hopefully in few days...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Hello
This is Tero from Phonecaseseurope.com.
Noticed some hits on server logs from here and decided to join the discussion.
We are happy to sell Jolla cases and we have had lots of customers ordering them throughout EU.
All products on our store are held in stock.
At the moment we are shipping only to European Union countries, that may change in future.
If there is anything you want to know. Just ask.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to phonecaseseurope For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Nice to see you taking an active interest Tero.

I would love to see a rugged/waterproof case for my Jolla. At the moment, I'm shoving mine in a ziploc bag if I'm out cycling with it.

Something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swees®-Water...N%3DB00EU51YO2

Can anyone tell me, does the remote desktop for Windows 8.1 pro work flawlessly on Jolla via the android app?

and for that matter the Chromecast button on compatible apps ie Zattoo and in the Chrome tab.....? thanks anyone

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Some ranting maybe:

It's been over 4 months since an update, and no I don't want to update to a non stable opt-in beta version. I'm getting really tired of the web browser with it's bug with clicking links, you can never hit the right spot unless you zoom super close where it's not possible to miss. And I'm not enjoying having a piece of paper holding my battery and still getting reboots sometimes, albeit much less than before.

I was going to write a long post saying stuff about how I loved the N9 and how Jolla hasn't improved much upon it or is missing something the N9 had, but you've all heard the same thing multiple times already. Today I had a chance to borrow a Lumia 520 for about a month and I'm now starting to use it. I hope to god Jolla will have the final update ready by christmas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
I opted in and enjoy the update some nice improvements but there are a few issues with memory.

If you have the skills and can make the time, coders are needed for new apps and open source parts of the OS.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Do not know. However, I ordered one. Can comment when delivered. Hopefully in few days...
Case well received. Fits good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9dLccl3Iz4

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Finally my Jolla will be on its way in the next days:
Still I have some questions - mostly about addiotional/spare parts:

Case:
Beside the Insmat Flip Case - are there any others you would recommend.
Does anyone have a lastucase? How is the quality of that (since it is leather glued? to wood - i am not sure about the comparison to a "one pieace" leather case).

Display protection:
A friend of mine has a bullet-prof glas display protection for his Samsung (http://www.stilgut.de/produkte/panzerglasfolie/) which is simpley great- is there something like that for Jolla.
Or what would you recommmend as protection?

Waterproof:
How are your experiences with Jolla and that (had a bad experience once with a nokia in a jeans side pocket on a rainy day).
Would be great to have a "make waterproof" paint (like nano coating) on the jolla inside as a addon possibility anyway - but that may be another discussion.

Software:
Is there something like the Nokia Suite - like for syncing - or how is this managed? Hope you know what i mean.

Is Ipsec supported? - i found a discussion on together jolla - but it was left open.

Finally: I read the tablet is Sailfish 2.0 - are there plans to update the phone to this version to??

Looking forward to get a Jolla.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience