Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
here is the official statement "we are working on it" is that good enough?
Which, in my book, is the exact opposite of "They dont want to sell batteries". If I don't want to do something, I'd not be working on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
For me that sounds more like:
We have not enough batteries and we need them for our repair centres.
That's exactly what it says.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
It shouldn't be so difficult to produce enough batteries.
Not difficult, but probably expensive. My guess is that Jolla can't just have 100 spare batteries produced for the few people who have asked for them so far. (I tried a quick search on TJC: Questions about spare batteries or other parts have less than 100 votes.)

They'll probably need to order a certain minimum number from their partners and are reluctant to do so before they can be sure those parts will be sold. Just my guess.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I just don't get why people think Jolla has intentions to cheat them.
Drama! Drama!

(It might be the downside of a community model in which you can really chat with the people who actually run the company. Would it be so attractive to fight for attention if the person you're talking to is only a part-time customer service employee?)

Last edited by benny1967; 2014-08-18 at 19:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
That's exactly what it says.

Not difficult, but probably expensive. My guess is that Jolla can't just have 100 spare batteries produced for the few people who have asked for them so far. (I tried a quick search on TJC: Questions about spare batteries or other parts have less than 100 votes.)

They'll probably need to order a certain minimum number from their partners and are reluctant to do so before they can be sure those parts will be sold. Just my guess.
well, thats contradictionary, if only ~100 people have asked, that would make it more affordable for them to have a few available, ofcourse with some delivery time

Drama! Drama!
i dont think anyone expressed "cheating" in this matter.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
well, thats contradictionary, if only ~100 people have asked, that would make it more affordable for them to have a few available, ofcourse with some delivery time
What I'm saying is that they need to be produced before they can be made available to the end customer. And if there's a minimum batch of, say, 50.000 - why should Jolla even think of ordering them if they assume only 100 will be sold?

They have some spare batteries in the backyard, yes, but they cant give those away as long as there are customers who send devices in for warranty repairs.

(Nothing that I write here are facts I know. It's just the one explanation that immediately comes to my mind after reading these last pages. I'm making assumptions.)

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
What I'm saying is that they need to be produced before they can be made available to the end customer. And if there's a minimum batch of, say, 50.000 - why should Jolla even think of ordering them if they assume only 100 will be sold?

They have some spare batteries in the backyard, yes, but they cant give those away as long as there are customers who send devices in for warranty repairs.

(Nothing that I write here are facts I know. It's just the one explanation that immediately comes to my mind after reading these last pages. I'm making assumptions.)
could be, and if Jolla would have expressed what Stefano (and JollaHQ) have said in twitter as response to me, I think most would have let it rest

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Scary indication of what sales may or may not be like if they're only getting ~100 requests for replacement/backup batteries...
Then again, prolly only tiny subset of owners actually use TJC, & of that subset, prolly only ~half of them have an interest/concern about battery (for now).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectification_(law)

Only after the court has been satisfied by evidence which leaves no 'fair and reasonable doubt' that the deed impeached does not embody the final intention of the parties. This evidence must make it clear that the alleged intention to which the plaintiff asks that the deed be made to conform, continued concurrently in the minds of all the parties down to the time of its execution; and the plaintiff must succeed in showing also the precise form in which the instrument will express this intention.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Scary indication of what sales may or may not be like if they're only getting ~100 requests for replacement/backup batteries...
Never in my life with smartphones have I actually used replacement batteries. It's good to know a battery can be changed if I need to do it, but in the end I always replaced the phone before I used the spare battery I bought with it (in the early years).

I assume 99.99% of the consumers don't see any use for a replacement battery nowadays.

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone