Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
hi w00t could you help with twitter too? i've reflashed my phone 3 times resetting all user data yet whenever i try to authorize the app, it just keeps showing the spinning circle in the web page and the stops.
Can't say I've heard of that personally. @frals on twitter might be able to help (or direct you to the right person).

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
It's pretty much the only issue I have with my N9, can you confirm that the issue *is* in fact being worked on, maybe even fixed in 1.3?
I found what I think is the issue internally; but I don't have good news. It looks like it may not be addressed (=> WONTFIX) - but I'm not certain of that. I'd not be too hopeful though.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I've got a problem with a Skype contact and birthday display/notifications: The Skype contact has entered a birthday of April 22 (this is the real date) - I can see this date when I'm in edit mode for the contact. But:

In the view mode of the contact, I see the birthday as 21.04.2012.
A notification of the birthday was shown today at noon (today is April 19).

This happens at least for another contact (2012-02-26 is the real birthday, displayed as such in edit mode, with 2012-02-25 in view mode) and doesn't happen for a third contact (2012-02-27 is displayed both in edit and in view mode).

On a side note (not sure if this is related), I've modified the time zone at least two times since the last reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Can't say I've heard of that personally. @frals on twitter might be able to help (or direct you to the right person).
got it fixed, i was using a ad-hoc network to connect to the internet. connecting to an infrastructure network instead solved the problem.

if only had done it before the 3 re-flashes....

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I found what I think is the issue internally; but I don't have good news. It looks like it may not be addressed (=> WONTFIX) - but I'm not certain of that. I'd not be too hopeful though.
Oh no

I guess that might mean for me (and everyone else syncing MfE contacts over bluetooth) that I'd have to find a non-mfe way of keeping my contacts up-to-date.

Can you poke around and try to find a bit more information about this? Is it only the MfE protocol that restricts synchronising contacts over bluetooth or will I be facing the same problem with any synchronising service?

The Following User Says Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Thanks very much for picking this thread up! I Have a question...
I regularly get the message '5 contacts merged' on my contacts app with no apparent changes. The merge icon isn't visible on any contact. Is there any way I can find out why this is happening? Any log of the merge procedure anywhere? I think it's coming from mfe, but I can't be sure?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I've got a problem with a Skype contact and birthday display/notifications: The Skype contact has entered a birthday of April 22 (this is the real date) - I can see this date when I'm in edit mode for the contact. But:

In the view mode of the contact, I see the birthday as 21.04.2012.
A notification of the birthday was shown today at noon (today is April 19).

This happens at least for another contact (2012-02-26 is the real birthday, displayed as such in edit mode, with 2012-02-25 in view mode) and doesn't happen for a third contact (2012-02-27 is displayed both in edit and in view mode).

On a side note (not sure if this is related), I've modified the time zone at least two times since the last reboot.
That there is a discrepancy in the value of the field is interesting, as I don't see anything obviously different in the handling of the two. Both pass through a QContactBirthday -> QDateTime -> MLocale::formatDateTime process to be stringified, so I'd have to guess that there's probably something crooked in the way the date is retrieved in the editor case (...I can't go into vast technical detail, I'll leave it at "it's complicated").

With it being a fairly minor bug in terms of effect (and unfortunately seemingly complicated), I can't promise a fix. I will raise a bug for this internally if I can't find one already open though.

With regards to the birthday notifications, I don't think there's really much funky that goes on there. We just create events and let the event screen display them when it feels like. Presumably, it does that early to give you some advance warning

The plugin for birthday creation is open source, and can be found at: http://gitorious.org/qtcontacts-trac...ugins/birthday if you're curious about how it's put together.

Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Can you poke around and try to find a bit more information about this? Is it only the MfE protocol that restricts synchronising contacts over bluetooth or will I be facing the same problem with any synchronising service?
Honestly, I don't know who I could ask anymore. I can try, but no promises. If I don't report back, it's likely that I wasn't able to find anything out.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I regularly get the message '5 contacts merged' on my contacts app with no apparent changes. The merge icon isn't visible on any contact. Is there any way I can find out why this is happening? Any log of the merge procedure anywhere? I think it's coming from mfe, but I can't be sure?
You might be able to find some sync information by asking the sync thread about it (I seem to remember there's a way to switch logging on somehow). Unfortunately, sync isn't what handles the merging, and we have no such debug logging available on public devices.

Can you give some more information about what accounts you have on the device? About the contacts that are automerged? etc.

Also, which PR release are you running?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
It's been happening since PR1.2. I have lots of IM accounts as well as Facebook, twitter and mfe, and I can't see which contacts are being merged. I tried exporting to vcard to see if I got 5 unusually large files but no luck. Guess I'll live...