Notices

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Can I make a suggestion, show each players score rotated so that player can see it, as right now everyone's score is sideways. Great and fun game BTW.
Done.

New version, also fixed some minor bugs and improved bahaviour when using it on different devices that use a different resolution.

edit: oops, noticed one of the scores is slightly off-center. Fixed for the next release
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2010-07-11 at 16:33.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Pressing the icon does nothing for me dosn't even open to crash. Trying to get it open in xterm but seems its a bit all over and will not launch from /opt.
Any ideas?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I predict the answer will appear in the next post or two

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Ok then if Shapeshifter is busy... wait til the updated package

or edit

/usr/bin/maemoreactor

and change

/bin/bash

to

/bin/sh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Oh lol. Well I made a small mistake in the main executable, which is why it worked for some (those who had bash installed) and not others.

I fixed that. The new build (-5) should work for everyone

edit: ah yes, Arnim noticed
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Haha I really like the idea of this one. Will try it out today with my m8.

Got it working now. I actually looked into the file for the other and saw /bin/bash.. but could have sworn I had it installed :P

Either way... very fun game! I lost to myself twice... guess I'm too trigger happy. A couple of suggestions: think the timing for the "All smiling faces" game is a little too fast, as even when I did manage to just catch one with no frowns... by the time my finger pushed it had changed.

Fun game.. keep adding minigames

new version
IMPORTANT: This game is no longer called "MaemoReactor" due to trademark conflicts. It is now called "Reaction face-off" and is listed in extras-devel under that name.

The old package will be removed soon and it will not be updated.

New features:
- 1 Additional minigame called fruitmaths (it's a tricky one inspired by BrainParty!)
- about/help info
- possibility to disable minigames you don't want to play

So get it now, remember it's called "reaction face-off", so you'll need to uninstall maemoreactor and instead install reaction face-off.

Have fun!

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2010-07-12 at 19:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
This game is now in extras-testing. If you tested it and everything seems to be working, please consider voting for it at

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ceoff/0.0.1-3/

to get it into extras

Thanks for this great game! There's a small bug in the prime number game, where it ignores 2 (which is a prime number) and accepts any uneven number (even if it is not prime).

I fixed the is_prime function in isprimegame.py that way:

Original:
Code:

def is_prime(self, n):
        '''check if integer n is a prime'''
        for x in range(2, int(n**0.5)+1):
            if n % x == 0:
                return False
                return True
Fixed:
Code:
    def is_prime(self, n):
        '''check if integer n is a prime'''
        if n == 2:
		return True
        for x in range(2, int(n**0.5)+1):
            if n % x == 0:
                return False
        return True

Last edited by MONVMENTVM; 2010-07-19 at 08:50.