Notices

i tried to install the gangstar ipk with dpkg but no success after that it sta4ted giving mema error on x terminal so i deleted the file from /usr/bin/dpkg but then found it essential for nstall and uninstall of apps so downloaded it again from 4shared and moved it back to /usr/bin/ and then tried to install a app then it gave a error dpkgermission deniedso i runned this command chmod 755 /usr/bin/dpkgand then again tried to install apps then it gave me this error /usr/bin/dpkg: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected
so what to do now to again start to install apps pls help and sorry for my bad english

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Firstly, don't randomly delete critical system components or anything else outside MyDocs if you are not absolutely sure what it does. Only thing I can think of is to try to get the /usr/bin/dpkg from the debian package from the sdk repository. If that doesnt work I guess you'll have to reflash. And .ipk files can't be installed like debian packages.

dude i reflashed my device just ten days before and now theres no need for tat you just open x terminal and typerootafter tat leafpad /usr/bin/dpkgand copy paste wat u get after opening leafpad ill copy paste the same thing on my dpkg file and done if tat didnt works den ill go to a nokia gallery and tell them to send dpkg from a n900 to me via bluetooth and problem solve pls open x terminal and do tat for me pls

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
what you trying to do is installing a webOS games on your devices....
webOS games cannot be install using dpkg-i....
what you need is to install webOS games manager Here.....
that will help ease your pains while installing any webOS games on your device...

dude u just open x terminal rootthen leafpad /usr/bin/dpkgand copy paste wat u get after opening leafpad but see tat u have leafpad installed if nt den download and install it from repository.maemo.org go to extras devel and den in letter l after u have opened dpkg sucessfully in leafpad copy paste wat u get here and about webos games i have nearly ten of them installed but deb ones i wanted to install gangstar i have the ipk but web os manager would not install it so tried with dpkg and found this problem so pls open dpkg and copy the output here pls

someone pls help me open x terminal and type rootand then leafpad /usr/bin/dpkg and copy paste it here wat u get pls help me i beg ull i dont want to flash as there are nearly 40 apps which ive to reinstall again pls help

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
what you trying to do is installing a webOS games on your devices....
webOS games cannot be install using dpkg-i....
what you need is to install webOS games manager Here.....
that will help ease your pains while installing any webOS games on your device...
hey pls open x terminal and type root and den "leafpad /usr/bin/dpkg"and then hit enter and copy paste it here wat u get pls i beg u

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by sarfa1 View Post
hey pls open x terminal and type root and den "leafpad /usr/bin/dpkg"and then hit enter and copy paste it here wat u get pls i beg u
you cannot leafpad on dpkg....it wont give you anything on leafpad....

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Firstly, don't randomly delete critical system components or anything else outside MyDocs if you are not absolutely sure what it does. Only thing I can think of is to try to get the /usr/bin/dpkg from the debian package from the sdk repository. If that doesnt work I guess you'll have to reflash. And .ipk files can't be installed like debian packages.
hey can u do me a favour open x terminal typerootpress enter and then type leafpad /usr/bin/dpkg and press enter leafpad will open and then copy paste it here wat u get i think dis will solve my problem pls

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
you cannot leafpad on dpkg....it wont give you anything on leafpad....
press enter and not tab and dpkg will open