Active Topics

Poll: Will this be your last Nokia product?
Poll Options
Will this be your last Nokia product?

Looking at history, the N900 probably won't be my last Nokia. But this time Nokia have to prove that they can stand behind Meego. It will also depend on the touch technology used. There's a lot of talk about the new Meego phone featuring capacitative touch, I like the fine control you can get with resistive too much to just blindly choose my next phone based on OS or brand alone. If I do go with Meego it will probably be an x86 device for obvious reasons.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
BTW: I'm sure that I originally voted that this was NOT going to be my last Nokia product, but the poll won't let you change your mind. (And it wasn't my last Nokia product, since I bought a second N900 since I answered the poll. But now I hope it IS my last Nokia product.)

i'm extremely surprised by the results of the poll after 6 months lol... i didn't think the "yes" would all of a sudden rise so quickly...

Nearly a year since you guys had your N900 (or any other device), do you still continue to use the device? Have you sold it? Did you change your mind?

1 year later
Yes = 32
No = 166
Maybe = 76

Total = 274

A year ago some posters still believed that Nokia would stand firm behind Maemo and/or the N900.

Well Maemo is dead (surprise... ) and the N900 is in minimal life support (surprise... ).

If you asked everyone to vote again today the graphs might tell a different story.

(FWIW I went for "maybe", being the agnostic that I am; most everything is theoretically possible)

Originally Posted by Peet View Post
most everything is theoretically possible
Quite the opposite.

Originally Posted by Peet View Post
A year ago some posters still believed that Nokia would stand firm behind Maemo and/or the N900.

Well Maemo is dead (surprise... ) and the N900 is in minimal life support (surprise... ).

If you asked everyone to vote again today the graphs might tell a different story.

(FWIW I went for "maybe", being the agnostic that I am; most everything is theoretically possible)
I agree Maemo is pretty much dead imo, if only Nokia still stand firm and stood behind the N900 and Maemo, perhaps the product would had been more polished and better developed by now. I wished i had purchased a nexus one over the N900 now at that time...

this is probably the last nokia i might own just because this is the last maemo device... im not buying nokia/meego unless theyd show us that theyll support it after a year...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have been using my N900 as my main device for months now. Poor E71x... collecting dust...

With the new Nokia and Microsoft merger how many of you guys have changed your original plans on sticking around with Nokia?

Stats Currently
Yes 37
No 181
Maybe 83

Total 301