Yes we get it; Nokia didn't believe it could evolve Meego fast enough for it to become one of the big-three consumer ecosystems alongside IOS and android.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-qt-and-meego/

They may be right, they may be wrong, but for now Meego returns to being a 'project' rather than a platform........... so presumably there is no commercial imperative to create a lead Meego device that matches consumer expectations of what a next-gen smartphone should look like?

In which case; can we have our NIT's back please Nokia?

In which case i'd really quite like:
5inch 960x540 qHD screen
dual-core A9 SoC
phone functionality like the Dell Streak
you can even throw a keyboard in there

How about it Nokia?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Nokia does not care, nor do Nokia employees read maemo.org, apart from a few n900 enthousiasts. I appreciate your effort, but this is not going to work.

MeeGo will be in a Nokia device this year, or at least they strive, bu it will be a undersupported project. You might consider other hardware manufacturors to make hardware capable of running MeeGo like Intel, and possibly others as well.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
This forum is Nokia now so i guess Nokia will indeed see it, the company that brought out the N900 has failed to exsist as it is now called Windows in a phone !.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This forum is Nokia now so i guess Nokia will indeed see it, the company that brought out the N900 has failed to exsist as it is now called Windows in a phone !.
If you happened to read a little bit my dear, NOKIA doesn't give a shi*t about TMO.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by GigaByte View Post
If you happened to read a little bit my dear, NOKIA doesn't give a shi*t about TMO.
You totally missed the point dear.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
[QUOTE=Jedibeeftrix;978455]Yes we get it; Nokia didn't believe it could evolve Meego fast enough for it to become one of the big-three consumer ecosystems alongside IOS and android.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-qt-and-meego/

They may be right, they may be wrong, but for now Meego returns to being a 'project' rather than a platform........... so presumably there is no commercial imperative to create a lead Meego device that matches consumer expectations of what a next-gen smartphone should look like?

In which case; can we have our NIT's back please Nokia?

In which case i'd really quite like:
5inch 960x540 qHD screen
dual-core A9 SoC
phone functionality like the Dell Streak
you can even throw a keyboard in there

How about it Nokia?[/QUOT

Bring back the NIT! Absolutely a 5 inch screen and Skype with video.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If a MeeGo based NIT comes out, it probably will not be by Nokia.

why not?

a 'project' can produce quirky devices to test concepts just as Nokia Internet Tablets have always done.

Loving my N900 and the only thing I'm really missing is the screen size so 5inch like said in the first post would be all I ask!
In fact I'm looking for Dell Streak but it runs Android and it's not really free as Maemo/Meego.
Beside philosophical reason I really like to run Debian applications chrooted, not with VNC like Android!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
why not?

a 'project' can produce quirky devices to test concepts just as Nokia Internet Tablets have always done.
Mind you, I'm only stating my personal opinion based on what's going on at Nokia now.

If Nokia comes out with anything (pure) MeeGo based, after their switch to Microsoft Windows Phone 7 as their "flagship" OS, who would trust it? I wouldn't... they might change their mind yet again without explanation.

And by now, after the 770, N800, N810, and N900 having basically been treated as nothing more than pet projects with the support for the OS, devices being (understandably) smaller than Nokia's other offerings, it's not another pet project from Nokia I'm after.

It's either going to be corporate backed and supported fully or released fully open source with zero closed bits. No in-between for me because I had a N810 with closed bits that never got worked around - not to mention a GPS product where "life membership" was relegated to 2 years - and closed bits on the N900 that will invariably cause problems down the line.

As it stands... a MeeGo device would be better off in the hands of Intel. They've at least stayed behind the product when Nokia didn't. That unwavering support in MeeGo is enough to make me want to buy from anybody else but Nokia at this moment.

*Note: This doesn't mean that people within Nokia aren't supporting MeeGo. Not at all. I know there's quite a few dedicated folks within Nokia towards MeeGo. However, the executives are responsible for the current series of decisions and that's where I'll kindly place the blame and point my vitriol towards.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: