Missed keyboard...
Quicktweak was updating, and when I downloaded the PDF disappeared keyboard.
If I go to Settings, Language, Text Input, Installed input methods (0).. there is no input method installed. I can not write anything or Root access (FileCase). How I can fix it without flashing? Thank you.

EDIT: (SOLVED) UNINSTALL QUICK VOICE INPUT KEYBOARD.

EDIT 2: (UPGRADE) FIX QUICK VOICE INPUT KEYBOARD, AVAILABLE IN STORE.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by kainerious; 2013-02-13 at 07:01. Reason: Update

The Following User Says Thank You to kainerious For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I just lost my keyboards too. I was on a webite, typed in a search, taoed to search again and no keyboard popped up. Settings show 0 input methods for me as well. Restarted, didn't help. Restored factory settings, didn't help.
Anyone know how to restore keyboards without being able to type?
I really don't want to reflash...

That's so weird, same happened here & i was only charging my drained battery, when I rebooted my phone, the keyboard was gone! I thought restoring settings would fix it, I just read here, it will not, I had a blue theme mode in my keyboard, did any of you change default keyboard settings before?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Strange. No. No eyboard changes at all. I have that Quickvoice keyboard installed, and even that doesnt show up. I dont have QuickTweak either. It doesn't make any sense at all.
I guess I'll get to flashing then...

Yeah, I guess i will have to do the same here, without keyboard copy+paste won't be enough in terminal without "enter". Reflashing it is! =(

Yes, i had a keyboard theme. A friend giveme his layouts files and i copy with Terminal (include virtual keyboard, in store), but don't work.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Do you mean it shows Installed input methods (0) but when you click on it there is no layout available in the menu to choose from; could a screenshot be provided?

First step if the above is really the case would be to re-install keyboard related packages as well as swype keyboard so that at least one method starts workingusing SSH or copy-paste:

Code:
apt-get install meego-keyboard libxkbfile1 swype-keyboard --reinstall

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Do you mean it shows Installed input methods (0) but when you click on it there is no layout available in the menu to choose from; could a screenshot be provided?

First step if the above is really the case would be to re-install keyboard related packages as well as swype keyboard so that at least one method starts workingusing SSH or copy-paste:

Code:
apt-get install meego-keyboard libxkbfile1 swype-keyboard --reinstall
Thanks! I copy-pasted it in terminal but it doesn't run the command without enter...

SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back!

Last edited by Dazsa; 2013-02-10 at 07:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
Thanks! I copy-pasted it in terminal but it doesn't run the command without enter...

SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back'n
Use FingerTerm then

Also any screenshot for what I mentioned in my earlier post?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
All my keyboards are gone. I just rebooted and now there gone. The only way I can input stuff is through a bluetooth one. I tried install more but with no luck. All I did was install meego-confirm-text and aegisctl. Any deas on how this could happen?

Thanks,
Vromoth

Tags
keyboard