Notices

still waiting a neo geo emulator for n900, mame is too slow

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Well, here is this one, still a work to be done.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60496
I sucessfully got it working for a while using some googled drivers,
I will post as much as I can about it, and let all of you guys know when I make it work totally.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Well, here is this one, still a work to be done.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60496
I sucessfully got it working for a while using some googled drivers,
I will post as much as I can about it, and let all of you guys know when I make it work totally.
Luiscesjr, I have gngeo installed on my N900, but it uses less than a quarter of the screen and I can't remap the keys, do you have it installed aswell, I have started a thread on :

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...309#post956309

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Luiscesjr, I have gngeo installed on my N900, but it uses less than a quarter of the screen and I can't remap the keys, do you have it installed aswell, I have started a thread on :

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...309#post956309
It needs a proper port from the OS2008, but the problem is
we don't have the maemo source from that package, at least
I didn't find when I first searched ( months, many months ago ),
only the deb package.
I don't really have much skills nor time to package a new one from
gp2x, but I can keep an eye on it.
You can try looking the config files, and try to find anything related to
screen size, but I find that difficult.

The Following User Says Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the fast reply. I have done that lloking and changing some things on the gngeorc file but none of changes applyed, I do it on N900, click on gngeorc, it asks wich program to open, then I choose Notes, change, hit save and nothing changes, I think the screen resolution is on scale, I could be wrong, another interesting part is if I type on XTerm 'gngeo', it opens lot of texts with pearphs instructions of how to configure within XTerm itself, but I find it hard to understand. I think a member (pcekper) of this forum has the source code of this app, ( the binary) , is it what is needed to rebuild the package? I have tried contacting him in the forum, but no answer so far. Is is a shame, we have a great emulator just waiting to be a little more tweaked to be a Perfect Neo Geo Emulation solution, but there's no any developer interested to make it, if what I need gets done I would pay at least 5 dollars for it.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Thanks for the fast reply. I have done that lloking and changing some things on the gngeorc file but none of changes applyed, I do it on N900, click on gngeorc, it asks wich program to open, then I choose Notes, change, hit save and nothing changes, I think the screen resolution is on scale, I could be wrong, another interesting part is if I type on XTerm 'gngeo', it opens lot of texts with pearphs instructions of how to configure within XTerm itself, but I find it hard to understand. I think a member (pcekper) of this forum has the source code of this app, ( the binary) , is it what is needed to rebuild the package? I have tried contacting him in the forum, but no answer so far. Is is a shame, we have a great emulator just waiting to be a little more tweaked to be a Perfect Neo Geo Emulation solution, but there's no any developer interested to make it, if what I need gets done I would pay at least 5 dollars for it.
I have reposted the binary on the other tread.

Well, is normal in open source comunity the wait, unless you can do what you want yourself. . Now I am looking to get working a CPS1 emulator, and no one provides one. The same happened with Neo Geo For me.

Originally Posted by pcekper View Post
I have reposted the binary on the other tread.

Well, is normal in open source comunity the wait, unless you can do what you want yourself. . Now I am looking to get working a CPS1 emulator, and no one provides one. The same happened with Neo Geo For me.
Yes man, you are right, thank you for the binary again. With it can somebody port or compile a deb for N900? I am not dev, so don't understand much. Wich games run on CPS1? We already have a very good CPS2, anyway is good to have more options. My favorite emulator would be the neogeo one, I like KOF series, used to play a lot when younger. But I need the screen and key remapping.

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza

The Following User Says Thank You to samipower For This Useful Post: