Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Rather than clog up the CSSU thread I though we should have a new thread purely for any issues brought about by the fabulous new hildon portrait homescreen.

This is mainly going to list issues about applications launching from portrait, as well as any system-wide issues. It should NOT list issues about using apps when in portrait mode, i.e. anything you can replicate by simply turning the application to portrait with forced rotation on.

The only issue I have is:-

1. Conboy does not launch when in portrait - gives "Internal Error. Application Conboy closed". It works fine if launched in landscape and then rotated.

No other applicaiton issues or system wide issues at all!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
A couple users have reported the Phone application disappears behind a portrait-mode desktop before the "End Call" button can be pressed. Out of 5 or so phone calls since yesterday, I've seen this behavior occur once.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Issue Resolved: Turn off rotation in microB and enable Forced Rotation in CSSU configuration.

My issue as posted here... http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4084

"Hi guys, great work with the hildon rotate application but there appears to a feature with the previous CSSU package...

This has reverted change to the rotation of the soft-key in microB. I can no longer have access to the address bar and status menu in portrait mode (one of the CSSU's main features that appealed to me)
."

Sorry for cross posting but I do agree with JohnLF. This App deserves it's own thread for both the praise it deserves and to highlight any issues that need addressing without being lost in a 4000+ post thread.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-07-17 at 00:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Rather than clog up the CSSU thread I though we should have a new thread purely for any issues brought about by the fabulous new hildon portrait homescreen.

This is mainly going to list issues about applications launching from portrait, as well as any system-wide issues. It should NOT list issues about using apps when in portrait mode, i.e. anything you can replicate by simply turning the application to portrait with forced rotation on.

The only issue I have is:-

1. Conboy does not launch when in portrait - gives "Internal Error. Application Conboy closed". It works fine if launched in landscape and then rotated.

No other application issues or system wide issues at all!
my hildon-desktop rotates only when some message pooping up.
on your photos not much fake effects but expressive
i remember my days as amateur photographer, when I put sugar on the top of the negative, or on the paper in darkroom to make some-kind of star effect

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
My issue as posted here... http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4084

"Hi guys, great work with the hildon rotate application but there appears to a feature with the previous CSSU package...

This has reverted change to the rotation of the soft-key in microB. I can no longer have access to the address bar and status menu in portrait mode (one of the CSSU's main features that appealed to me)
."

Sorry for cross posting but I do agree with JohnLF. This App deserves it's own thread for both the praise it deserves and to highlight any issues that need addressing without being lost in a 4000+ post thread.
I'm sure I have already seen such behaviour. But with newer builds of hildon-desktop, i can't reproduce it.

Later i'll create an annoucement thread with the newest version of hildon-desktop .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
is there a way to stop it overwriting the transitions.ini file?

---

also, the lockscreen doesnt rotate anymore into portrait.
if you lock device in landscape it will rotate between orientations, if you lock it in portrait its locked in landscape.......

---
bug found by maxximuscool:

If you opened applications and did not go full screen (browser) then lock your device and unlocking it, the current window that you left before locking minimised to the background.

When playing video and plug to tv, you left it for a while and it turned off the screen, unlocking the device will minimise the video and stopped it from playing.

If you left the device in multitasking mode and lock then unlock it, you'll see that you're back to homescreen.

But if you're in portrait mode, you locked the device and unlocking it everything still the same.

---

If lock with the power button then unlock with the slider button then even in fullscreen mode will be exited and minimised back to home screen.

But when locking with the slider and unlock with power button, the full screen browser stays the same.

This also apply to portrait mode as well.

thanks, GREAT effort BTW!

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-07-16 at 01:58.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post

---

if you lock device in landscape it will rotate between orientations, if you lock it in portrait its locked in landscape.......

---

If you opened applications and did not go full screen (browser) then lock your device and unlocking it, the current window that you left before locking minimised to the background.

When playing video and plug to tv, you left it for a while and it turned off the screen, unlocking the device will minimise the video and stopped it from playing.

If you left the device in multitasking mode and lock then unlock it, you'll see that you're back to homescreen.

But if you're in portrait mode, you locked the device and unlocking it everything still the same.

---

If lock with the power button then unlock with the slider button then even in fullscreen mode will be exited and minimised back to home screen.

But when locking with the slider and unlock with power button, the full screen browser stays the same.

exactly same problem

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
i dont get my music player(nokia's default) and desktops in portrait mode.. images in portrait view is very bad.. but when i multitask i get the backdrop in portrait mode.. so u guys get the desktop itself in portrait mode??

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post

---

---

---

i am also having the same problem. please some1 find a way to solve this. i am getting irritate alot wid this. thanks in advance

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
arceans working on it mate

Tags
lockscreen, maemo 5