Active Topics

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
yes, camera working on own internal jolla port. but it will be released never
Why? May be we will ask for help from "Jolla"?

They promised to help..

I'm afraid I don't understand all that much about the process involved, but is it likely there'll be well-working ports of Sailfish for various devices originally running Android at some point? Are there any un-overcomeable obstacles to achieving this, or is it more a matter of someone just doing it?

Just flashed my old N9 with Sailfish, really liking it thus far, and wondering if it'll ever be possible to have it on my HTC One S as well.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by solidpace View Post
I'm afraid I don't understand all that much about the process involved, but is it likely there'll be well-working ports of Sailfish for various devices originally running Android at some point? Are there any un-overcomeable obstacles to achieving this, or is it more a matter of someone just doing it?

Just flashed my old N9 with Sailfish, really liking it thus far, and wondering if it'll ever be possible to have it on my HTC One S as well.
I am not an expert, but AFAIK cyanogenmod enabled android phones is probadly first thing to get it going.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
some albumimage covers does now show? Known issue in sailfishos or only related to n9?

ok after a bit more looking into it mysatroker does not implement binder, the 3.4 jolla kernel does include binder itself, so i need to figure out what mysatroker actually does, but it seems to be at least binder related

The Following User Says Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gipawu View Post
About Dalvik porting, surfing on Internet, I got on this:
http://www.slideshare.net/pipatmet/p...ik-with-glib-c
https://plus.google.com/+KrzysztofKl...ts/2q2piwESEJ2
This guy seems to manage to porting Dalvik VM to Linux. If he managed to do this, It not should be too difficul porting it to Sailfish and also to Harmattan.
I think it deserves to be kept an eye on.
porting the dalvik vm is easy. porting the required java frameworks is though, did he do that too?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by romu View Post
I've just installed the vgrade r3 version, and I have 2 questions/remarks:
- the method from the tutorial to gain root access (by editing the shadow file), doesn't work. I've tried to open a terminal, type "passwd root" and I get the message "only root can do this". And I type "su", I'm asked for a password, and, of course, blank doesn't work. Any idea?

EDIT: Booting from Harmattan and editing this shadow file shows 2 weird lines:
dbus:!!:16051::::::
sshd:!!:16051::::::

normal?

- is there any issue tracking somewhere where we can list what works and what not?
Try boot back to Harmattan and chroot to Sailfish. There you can run the passwd command.

Chroot instructions: http://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish#Chroo...from_Harmattan

I verified that if taking a screenshot under Jolla, the screen is really in portrait mode. The resulting image comes in portrait. Does any one have a clue about what might be the problem?

Edit
-----
Doing some quick tests I saw that this error is printed in log whenever I change the device orientation:
Dec 14 15:17:40 localhost [467]: [W] unknown:20 - qrc:/qml/SystemWindow.qml:20: ReferenceError: initialSize is not defined
Dec 14 15:17:40 localhost [467]: [W] unknown:21 - qrc:/qml/SystemWindow.qml:21: ReferenceError: initialSize is not defined
Dec 14 15:17:42 localhost [467]: [W] unknown:20 - qrc:/qml/SystemWindow.qml:20: ReferenceError: initialSize is not defined
Dec 14 15:17:42 localhost [467]: [W] unknown:21 - qrc:/qml/SystemWindow.qml:21: ReferenceError: initialSize is not defined

Process 467 is:
nemo 467 1.5 7.7 221760 78920 ? Ssl 14:11 1:03 /usr/bin/lipstick --systemd

Last edited by danielcbit; 2013-12-14 at 19:19.

Originally Posted by liar View Post
porting the dalvik vm is easy. porting the required java frameworks is though, did he do that too?
Well, for now it seems that he is only able to run a simple "hello world" application, but he wrote his goal is running apk apps.
So... I think we just have to wait

Jolla Vietnam recently overcame to the rotation problem and video play back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZHtXQKDp68

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to max83 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish