Notices

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
@pusak does any videos you have play other than ones downloaded with ct
other video work fine...even video downloaded from the old CT can be play on three player i mention before....
i have try changing the downloaded video quality but still unable to play any downloaded video from latest CT...

Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
have nothing to do with CSSU . CSSU is not installed on my n900 and with last update of cuteTube-QML got back screen
That's what I was wondering. Are the peeps with CSSU installed getting just a black screen on launch?
The desktop widget works fine, except when you try to launch cuteTube from there. Black screen too.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 1.2.2 should be available from extras-devel soon. I have removed the battery indicator now, so there should be no issues with the black screen for non-CSSU users. Performing a runtime check for the Qt version would probably not work, as such a check relies on the same module (QSystemInfo). As I only have one N900 for testing, I took the safe option.

Changelog:

* XTube videos can now be played in alternative media players.
* Bugfix in Dailymotion group videos.
* Removed battery indicator.
* Small UI tweaks.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
Any downloaded video doesn't goes to Archive list. Is this only with me?
Code:
sqlite3 ~/cuteTube-QML/cuteTube-QML.sqlite
select * from downloads
-> empty
Archive videos are not stored using the database anymore. Instead I use QtGallery (tracker). The database is only for storing incomplete downloads.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Installed latest version but still getting a black screen...

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by cgelici View Post
Installed latest version but still getting a black screen...
Me too. Version 1.2.2
Back to 1.1.1 which works fine.

Still black screening after 1.2.2.
Reverted back to 1.1.1 for now.

Using the QtGallery is not that good imho because I only want to see the downloaded videos in CuteTube and not in the normal media player.
So I had blacklisted the cutetube folder before and have just seen it in cutetube.
That's not possible anymore now

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2012-01-11 at 03:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
@ nokiarocks are you using tracker-cfg? If I add cuteTube to the do not watch list it definitely doesnt show up in media player.

@pusak I had that problem but once I deleted the problem videos and changed the download folder to cuteTube it worked fine, I had changed it back to .cutetube when I first downloaded the update ...I also have the quality set to normal idk if higher res causes a problem

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I agree about CSSU stable quality, but nevertheless I am not comfortable with the idea of making an application dependent upon it, at least not when the functionality concerned is trivial, but I am sure there will be cases in future where there will be no option but to depend on more recent Qt libraries (and therefore CSSU).

I much prefer the idea of a runtime check, though in this case I don't think it's necessary. I moved the batteryindicator stuff to QSystemDeviceInfo, so it should hopefully be OK for the next update. If not, I'll use the runtime check that I have now implemented just in case.
Marxian, I had cutetube QML working perfectly in my Nokia N900...I think on 7Jan when I opened this app I found it was not showing the video icons...it was also not downloading...so, I thought may be there was some problem...I then found an update for cutetube QML appear in my phone and I immediately downloaded the app and it was successfully installed. After installation, though, I find when I open this app it just shows a black screen....what is the problem? I notice you have posted some more upgrades to the app on 8th Jan...Could I now try re-installing the app? I have actually uninstalled the app from the phone and reverted to my old cutetube which is working perfectly...But the QML version is certainly superior and so I would like to get this version back...Pse adv

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube