I'm very tempted to buy a 770 but I have some questions about power consumption.

1. Can you throttle the CPU on the 770, manually or automatically?
2. What kind of battery life do you get during various tasks (movie watching, surfing etc.)
3. Has the upgrade to OS 2006 impacted the battery life?

4. OT: How are the screen in sunlight?

Regards

Huffhurr

Originally Posted by Huffhurr
I'm very tempted to buy a 770 but I have some questions about power consumption.

1. Can you throttle the CPU on the 770, manually or automatically?
2. What kind of battery life do you get during various tasks (movie watching, surfing etc.)
3. Has the upgrade to OS 2006 impacted the battery life?

4. OT: How are the screen in sunlight?

Regards

Huffhurr
1) No.. Not that i'm aware of, at least.
2) Movie watching, about 1.5 to 2 hours. I've got a couple DVDs ripped and encoded for playback on the 770. The power is enough to watch the entire movie front to back. Anything other than video, about 3 to 3.5 hours.
3) Not sure, since the OS 2006 upgrade is still beta.
4) VERY readable. The 770 is blessed with a really, really nice display.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Bowie
1) No.. Not that i'm aware of, at least.
2) Movie watching, about 1.5 to 2 hours. I've got a couple DVDs ripped and encoded for playback on the 770. The power is enough to watch the entire movie front to back. Anything other than video, about 3 to 3.5 hours.
3) Not sure, since the OS 2006 upgrade is still beta.
4. I like it a lot. I need to set the backlight at its top, tough, since I have a Brando screen protection that reflects *a lot* (the "ultra clear" one, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone...)

I'm waiting for the standard one (that I used to apply on the TH55 and liked it a lot, very usable also on direct sunlight and with a good tactile feedback)

The Following User Says Thank You to maxilogan For This Useful Post:
2. Haven't been watching any movies on the 2006 OS. Seems video doesn't work very well when playing long movies. I'm sure they will resolve this when it officially released. But you can finish a movie with a full charge.
3. Ever since I upgraded my 2006 it has shorten my battery life. Actually in a good way though...cause I use it more often now Web experience is faster and since it's new OS you tend to play with it more testing out different features. It use to be I can go on a day or two without charging, now I recharge it daily.

Originally Posted by Bowie
1)
I especially like how well it performs in slightly shaded areas such as in a forrest...