Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Oakbrook, IL (West of Chi-Town!)
In switching back to T-Mobile USA, I have a question about data plans. I know they require the 29.99 plan for the N900, BUT what if I tell them I'm going to use my old N75, and give them the IEM(that right?) Number off that phone, then pop the sim into the N900. Are they able to tell? I have gone from a Nexus One to a N900 in the past, and they had no idea until I called and told them. So could I activate the lower Data plan, and then just swap the sim? Ya I know, your going to get all moral on me, but this is a TECH question, IF it's possible for them to tell. All I'm asking, not asking your moral opinion, just if it can be done and NOT detected.

"For entertainment purposes only" =)

activate with free phone, take sim out, put in preferred phone.

or do sim only activation.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Gorilla72 View Post
In switching back to T-Mobile USA, I have a question about data plans. I know they require the 29.99 plan for the N900, BUT what if I tell them I'm going to use my old N75, and give them the IEM(that right?) Number off that phone, then pop the sim into the N900. Are they able to tell? I have gone from a Nexus One to a N900 in the past, and they had no idea until I called and told them. So could I activate the lower Data plan, and then just swap the sim? Ya I know, your going to get all moral on me, but this is a TECH question, IF it's possible for them to tell. All I'm asking, not asking your moral opinion, just if it can be done and NOT detected.

cWJ got it for you, i also do that here in Canada, but the n900 has a (yet) dead 3g here,

and i think its IMEI number, but i dount know what the acronym stands for, in other words, that is the handset's serial number.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
Tell them you want the $10.00 plan and change the API to internet2.voicestream.com and your good to go. They don't need to know what kind of phone you have.

Just go to tmobile website, log into your account, pick a old "feature phone" that can access internet, then add the 10$ data plan. Everything can be done online.

theres nothing to hide.. i had a $30 plan.. i went to tmobile store and asked them if I can get a 10 dollar plan as i have my own phone.. not a tmobile subsidized one and that my phone can use the 10 dollar one as well.
she switched it to 10 bucks a month
easy...

online would be the easiest way tho like holysocks said

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by Gorilla72 View Post

That data plan should be for $24.99 and no, they will not know which phone you are using. As a testament to that, about a month after I got the N900, I called to have them change from the (BIS) Blackberry Data Plan (Compressed) to just the regular data plan. They had no idea what phone I was using.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
i just got a t-mobile plan.

the guy @ the desk put his IEMI number off his HTC HD2 so my N900 could use the $10 data plan.

and its super fast.....i could barely tell the difference between it and wifi @ the house.

this is for tmobile 3G? what is the name of the plan?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
it used to be called t-zones...which i have on one of my n900's for 5.99 unlimited 3g access.

now it is the same, but it is the $10 instead.

just activate a free phone if you want the higher costed plans/mo, or do a sim only on the non-contracted one that is cheaper, and bring your other phone with you to activate it on.

but, they do know now when you put it into a n900, as it does populate in the system now.

however, they have not changed any of my plans.