Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
i translated something with g translate and tried to buy one. seems to ask for chinese adress for payment and i guess,delivery

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
i translated something with g translate and tried to buy one. seems to ask for chinese adress for payment and i guess,delivery
Ship it to Jolla HK office and let them ship to you? Do they have HK office still?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
we have chinese people here on tmo like TMavica
we should ask him...

[QUOTE=Dave999;1491794]Ship it to Jolla HK office and let them ship to you? Do they have HK office still?[/QUOTE
lets stop with this not funny humor, Dave. however i fortunately didnt preordered the table on ig, but i am following the thread for knowing what is happening

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ship it to Jolla HK office and let them ship to you? Do they have HK office still?
lets stop with this not funny humor, Dave. however i fortunately didnt preordered the table on ig, but i am following the thread for knowing what is happening
It was a serious suggestion. But since you wasn't a Indiegogo backer they have no reason to help you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Jolla are apparently investigating: https://mobile.twitter.com/AnttiSaar...98215410995200

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Jolla are apparently investigating: https://mobile.twitter.com/AnttiSaar...98215410995200
Jolla: WTF, dudes!? You're selling the tablets, why?
China Supplier: You didn't pay us.
Jolla: But Series W funding of $200M is just around the corner, we also launched a Twitter campaign.
China Supplier: *click*

careful,jolla will use the force.....
Attached Images

Honestly, the sale of the Jolla tablets on Taobao is the final nail in the coffin of anyone else getting their tablets. Even if Jolla had the money to pay the supplier at this stage, the tablets won't exist as they'll soon be sold on Taobao. At this stage, no investor is going to want to invest in a company where they'd have to pay the costs of manufacturing tablets for orders where the money has already been received and spent.

Jolla the company are utterly dead now. The next steps for Jolla have to be bankruptcy and a liquidation. I'd expect this to happen very soon. The Sailfish OS IP will be up for sale - I cannot see commercial interest in it. However, there is a chance for the community to buy it. Does anyone care enough at this stage, or will the IP just rot on some server like Maemo did?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund