Notices

Wagic touch interface preview video. Enjoy.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Great interface ! It really feels natural in this video, not at all tackled on an existing keyboard interface. This is definitely the way Wagic is meant to be played

cool but all im asking is to be an extra option in settings that we can choose between keyboard mode / touch mode

Touch interface is in addition. You can use whichever you prefer during a game without having to quit it to go in the settings. I'm using touch since a few days and most of the time, for me, it's way better then keyboard and I'm playing with keyboard shut. The only exception is the selection of a player ... it can be tricky with touch so I may still use keyboard in this case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Xawotihs View Post
Touch interface is in addition. You can use whichever you prefer during a game without having to quit it to go in the settings. I'm using touch since a few days and most of the time, for me, it's way better then keyboard and I'm playing with keyboard shut. The only exception is the selection of a player ... it can be tricky with touch so I may still use keyboard in this case.
so that means touch and keyboard are functioning together ? i dont like that you will be very cautious when playing with keyboard not to do a wrong touch and many other disadvantages :X
btw how to go from phas to the next phase in touch ? and how do u open ur hand list ?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Nerdalicious.

i wanna report a card that causes crashing i don't remember its name but its details is (untap up to 3 creatures) and it costs white mana + 3,,,,tried that card twice

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
Yes, one of the games, which involved white cards crashes mid way through the game. i think it is the same one?

i will try and find the game if need be.
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Xawotihs View Post
Touch interface is in addition.
Thanks for porting this, I am a huge mtg fan and its great to see it running on my N900. I've occasionally wanted to show people what mtg looks like and this can do it without having to break out the cards.

Have you released a version with the touch enabled? I have 0.13.1maemo1 installed - it seems to respond when I touch the screen but not in the way shown by your video!

I've played just about every mtg online/offline client out there and the one achilles when playing against the cpu is the AI. I guess I would need to get involved with the main Wagic project to be able to contribute AI improvements?

We're about to release Wagic 0.14 soon for all the platforms.

I'll synchronize the release of the maemo port including a couple of meamo specific enhancements, one of them being the touch interface. Another being the CPU consumption reduction.

It should be released before the end of the month.

Regarding the AI, 0.14 contains some AI improvements. There are a lot of discussions around this subject in the Wagic forums, you should just have a look. My opinion is that while we do not have a real min-max algo in the game, the AI will remain weak.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question