Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
When does Nokia/Intel plan to release the first devices pre-installed with MeeGo? Also is there a lineup or timeline of expected devices to be released?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
what do you mean by device? if you mean any device, there is intel's tablet announced already, it looks much better than ipad for me

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
what do you mean by device? if you mean any device, there is intel's tablet announced already, it looks much better than ipad for me
Yeah looks amazing but I think it comes out next year and I am sure there will be another device out before that possibly a Nokia phone.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Yes by device I mean exactlhy that anything that is electronic and runs the MeeGo OS. Seriously some people here try to assune everyone on the forums is uninformed and don't know what the f**k they are talking about. I posted in the MeeGo / Harmattan section which is for the MeeGo OS which is planned to run and ship pre-installed on a wide range of electronic devices.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Yes by device I mean exactlhy that anything that is electronic and runs the MeeGo OS. Seriously some people here try to assune everyone on the forums is uninformed and don't know what the f**k they are talking about.
Calm down. Nobody called you uninformed. He just wanted to understand your question

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
The first MeeGo device(s?) are expected to ship in H2 this year. I am guessing near Christmas. It is not known yet is it going to be a single device or multiple ones.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Duplicate thread?

First MeeGo device shipped already photographed and reviewed here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51737
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I don't think we would know, as i read news there are a lot of companies making meego based OS for their devices and i assume that each one of them want to be first, as well i know that nokia is not only one announcing the meego phone (as other are more tablet and other types of the devices). for example Aava mobile.

Just one more thing: between the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, it is highly probably that multiple devices, in multiple form factors will launch with MeeGo. At least one smartphone from Nokia, probably a tablet from Nokia, further revised editions of MeeGo for netbooks; and Novell is going to release a SUSE version of MeeGo as well.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Just one more thing: between the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, it is highly probably that multiple devices, in multiple form factors will launch with MeeGo. At least one smartphone from Nokia, probably a tablet from Nokia, further revised editions of MeeGo for netbooks; and Novell is going to release a SUSE version of MeeGo as well.
there are also chinese linux distros on meego announced, and as we know china never sleeps ))) so we would wait for a lot of devices =0)

Tags
question