Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by setter View Post
Sent by mail!
Thanks!
I have spotted the bug, I will put it in the fixing list.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
[QUOTE= * Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? [QUOTE]

This doesn't work

Using coderus unritricted UI gives an (irritating) overlay

You have to restart app after reboot, correct?

If app is running and you by accident activate the button again the N9 goes into Safe mode and leaving this mode then the app is not function before reboot but still running (in background)!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-07-27 at 06:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=Garp;1362502]
Originally Posted by * Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? [QUOTE

This doesn't work

Using coderus unritricted UI gives an (irritating) overlay

You have to restart app after reboot, correct?

If app is running and you by accident activate the button again the N9 goes into Safe mode and leaving this mode then the app is not function before reboot but still running (in background)!
Only in homescreen? Screenshot would be perfect.

Also, can you detail "running and you activate the button" a bit more? Homescreen is behind statusbar (and quickbar) so it should not be accessible. Anyway, all that is done by quickbar homescreen is send a Dbus msg to show statusbar.

Nokia didnt pass the binary plugin in settings ui yet (and it is quite buggy) so currently app needs to be restarted (or you can make a upstart script but meh); Nokia did not say no to the App getting into prestarted list but will see....
If i can get the plugin to work properly, i can share it here (if Nokia does not allow it bundled).

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You can keep binaries in opt folder and symlink it to destination in postinst. It allowed trick

btw, any chance to see sources?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
You can keep binaries in opt folder and symlink it to destination in postinst. It allowed trick

btw, any chance to see sources?
Aah you refer to the binary plugin? thanks, will try that.

As for sources, i was thinking to release them, Perhaps to git, but not 100% sure yet. I want to explore possibilities to get App extensions included first (and rewrite code).

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-07-27 at 07:21.

[QUOTE=tortoisedoc;1362508][QUOTE=Garp;1362502][QUOTE= * Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen?
Only in homescreen? Screenshot would be perfect.

Also, can you detail "running and you activate the button" a bit more? Homescreen is behind statusbar (and quickbar) so it should not be accessible. Anyway, all that is done by quickbar homescreen is send a Dbus msg to show statusbar.

Nokia didnt pass the binary plugin in settings ui yet (and it is quite buggy) so currently app needs to be restarted (or you can make a upstart script but meh); Nokia did not say no to the App getting into prestarted list but will see....
If i can get the plugin to work properly, i can share it here (if Nokia does not allow it bundled).[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't it be possible to access QuickLaunch bar at homescreen or is it only here (see attached)?

Have reinstalled Quickbar and now I can't recall the situation with the Safe mode action as descreibed e.g. activating Quickbar app twice.
Attached Images

Last edited by Garp; 2013-07-27 at 08:00.

[QUOTE=Garp;1362515][QUOTE=tortoisedoc;1362508]
Originally Posted by Garp View Post

Shouldn't it be possible to access QuickLaunch bar at homescreen or is it only here ?

Have reinstalled Quickbar and now I can't recall the situation with the Safe mode action as descreibed e.g. activating Quickbar app twice.
quicklaunch from homescreen is not kuntien to me at last.
Thanks!
Can you post a list of steps to repro the issue?

[QUOTE=tortoisedoc;1362517][QUOTE=Garp;1362515]
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
quicklaunch from homescreen is not kuntien to me at last.
Thanks!
Can you post a list of steps to repro the issue?
kuntien?:confused

[QUOTE=Garp;1362524][QUOTE=tortoisedoc;1362517]
Originally Posted by Garp View Post

kuntien?:confused
Crappy iPad autocorrection! Kuntien == known.

[QUOTE=tortoisedoc;1362525][QUOTE=Garp;1362524]
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post

Crappy iPad autocorrection! Kuntien == known.
No it isn't only 'Lock screen' but why then:
"Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? "
When it's only the menu 'screen' ('Status bar curtain') we talk about?

By the way talking about 'screens' in N9 it's a mess:
Moonshine app calls Lock screen: screensaver
Battery app: Stand-by screen
In my Danish N9 it's called: standby(skærm=screen)
Meecast calls it StandbyScreen and calls attached LockScreen (as I do in ' '!), and so on!
Attached Images

Last edited by Garp; 2013-07-27 at 10:04.