Notices

It's in the Extras-testing repo...

Thank you for the app! I just switch back from my Android to my N900 because I had issue's streaming FLAC.

I have no issue with connecting. This works without a hiccup. I do have some issue's with playing a few certain FLAC files. I will turn on my ampache log tonight to discover the error.

Some ideas:
1. Add a view for browsing music by "Album" and by "Tag"(=Genre), the view on playlist would be really helpful to.
2. Add playback support for random and to auto-start the next song.

Thanks again for the delightful app!

*edit*
It seems my catalog was messed up. I updated it and my problem was gone.

Last edited by DragoslaV; 2011-01-03 at 14:04.

I got it up and running, and it works pretty smooth. I will play around with it a bit in the next few days.

Thanx,
Bart

Hi,

I have been using MaAmp for a couple of days now and here is some early feedback;

1. It seem to draw more power than using ampache through the webclient. I'm not 100% sure this is true though.
2. It would be really nice if the app would try and cache the whole song (like the flashplayer does). When I commute my 3G isn't always that good and when I lose connection the song stops playing.
3. A browse by album feature would be nice and by year

Thats it for now. Thanks again for this app!

Bart

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by nesnomis View Post
That is a catalog much bigger than mine... ..

MaAmp is caching artist data on the first run, and progressively caching albums and album art as you browse the albums (rather crude cache). I think i will try to check out how lullaby does (it was crashing on the only android phone we have here, so i can't test how fast it is). One thing i can do is change caching to a sqlite database (as the native media player does).

As there was almost no response on MaAmp here, i had stopped developing... But it would be interesting to try to optimize it a bit
Nice work for a noob! If you want to speed up caching and searching you might interested in binary trees, avl, black-and-red, radix-trie, patricia-trie, perhaps quadtrees too. BTW how do you learn python and maemo so fast? Do mind to share a good websiter or a link or book-title?

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-01-05 at 16:36.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Just tried today, fantastic app! Any chances of getting playlists support?

Thanks!

I been using it a bit more and I stumble upon a new feature request:

* It would be very nice if we could add more then 1 album to the playlist!

Last edited by DragoslaV; 2011-01-23 at 01:08.

Originally Posted by Sodki View Post
I still can't connect. What version of Ampache do you connect to? I use version 3.5.0.
After adding ACL for RPC in Ampache I could connect via Maamp... and love it!

Hello,

This software perfectly work for me.

Does it play the music on the fly using streaming or does it download the file then play the media ?
I've noticed that there was a delay between the song starts over a 3G connection.

Nevermind, this software can help when on the go and absolutly need to hear to a song

Originally Posted by tbressure View Post
Does it play the music on the fly using streaming or does it download the file then play the media ?
I strongly believe it uses streaming.