Notices

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Yep, would love if someone could develope some kinda app for this.

Hey!

I'm searching an App like this, too!
Any news?

Skyscraper

Originally Posted by vabgeo View Post
try in a terminal
Code:
 arecord -vv /dev/null
Sweet... this is all we need to get relative value. But that does not give you sound level in decibels.

maybe someone could look into getting this running on maemo

http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Yes yes yes. Nice idea

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I've been working with something that may be somewhat related, basically there is a gstreamer plugin 'level' that should give you access to what you need, but obviously what you want is a nice UI on top of it.

http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gs...ins-level.html

I'd been using it to make a simple input level monitor for a recording app, just a moving bar with a peak fall off, but it looks like the kind of data you'd be looking for.

You just need a pretty simple gst pipeline from input through level to null running that you can attach to for reading the values from.
Attached Images

Last edited by mr id; 2010-09-13 at 15:26. Reason: Typo.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
Hi everyone
Mr id I'm interresting at the app you put a screenshot can you tell me the name and where I cand find it please ?

Last edited by Julien_2006; 2010-09-16 at 14:37. Reason: My English is very bad (a little bit less after editing)

Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
Hi everyone
Mr id I'm interresting at the app you put a screenshot can you tell me the name and where I cand find it please ?
It's currently on my hard drive as it's in early development. I'm pretty close to an alpha release which will happen as soon as I get the time to tie up a few issues - I started a major refactor on some of the core gstreamer parts which means it's not fully usable right now.

It should be called 'demorecorder' when it hits extras-devel. It's a very simple multi-track recorder (think 'old school' 4 track with a single input) and too be honest I'm a little unsure about how well it will perform out in the wild. I'll announce it once it's up, but let me know if you are interested in an earlier (non-packaged) preview.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
I don't know if I would be able to manage a non packaged app, it's about compilating using make ? Why not but I would not loose your time.
I am notified for this thread so I shall follow the advancement (hope I make myself understand)

Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
I don't know if I would be able to manage a non packaged app, it's about compilating using make ? Why not but I would not loose your time.
I am notified for this thread so I shall follow the advancement (hope I make myself understand)
You wouldn't need to compile it but you would need to be comfortable making it executable and starting it from the terminal.

Hopefully, this weekend will be the one I finally get the time to sort out the remaining issues.