Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'll say this much: Apotheker will have no difficulty finding another highly paid position.
These crappy highly paid CEO's never seem to have a problem finding work--not that they really need to. Speaking of idiot CEO's... where's Darl McBride these days?

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
With a severance package of $25 million, I doubt if he needs to find another job...
his ex-job as CEO paid him approximately $2 million, It would have taken 12 more years for him to get what he managed to get in a single year....

though it is a different matter that one day our children will laugh at our generation for paying worst performers such giant amounts
No kidding. The most unconscionable abuse of language, to me, is equating 'rich' with 'successful' in debates and conversations. It drives me insane to imagine someone calling the very bankers and CEO's that put the world into these incredibly deep recessions 'successful'. Hell.. an ART THIEF (if he can get away with it) is SUCCESSFUL, but I wouldn't want to promote or idolize that sort of detriment to everyone's well-being. I'm sure, for a long time, people probably considered Bernie Madoff a "successful" person. I wish we wouldn't reward this crap and make it legal.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-05-06 at 09:13.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Here is my 'Charlie Sheen'-theory of Nokia management.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm not sure I followed or understood that last post--but somehow, even THAT fact seems fitting.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Dear Nokia, HP, Microsoft, et al:

You have to have a product guy running things.

Sincerely,

Steve Jobs and anyone else with a brain

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Here is my 'Charlie Sheen'-theory of Nokia management.
Is that your work???

Dude. That is an instant classic.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
That's just three in a row. Nokia has now two concecutive terribad CEO's. Nokia can still catch up to HP, If they fire Elop quick enough and really put effort in finding clueless replacement.

Or maybe it wouldn't take that much effort. Finding terrible management seems to a Nokia core competence.

EDIT: 1000th post. Yay!
Even if I agree to fire Elop, it doesnt help in case of what we prefer to be right direction(going android or MaEGO). Cause Nokia is WAAAYY to much in bed with Microsoft to change this strategy.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Even if I agree to fire Elop, it doesnt help in case of WP. Nokia is WAAAYY to much in bed with Microsoft to change this strategy.
In other words, Nokia is the naive b¡tch that got pregnant.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'll say this much: Apotheker will have no difficulty finding another highly paid position.
yes, as always biggest idiots and/or psycopats always get highest positions...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Is that your work???
Yeah except for the the "Funky Norwegian boner medicine", which I stole from the Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen.

i just wanted to put this back on the recent list to make some of the tmo members go ape ****, looking at some if the heat topics going on here.
dead thread digging ftw.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest