Active Topics

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
The website, gsm arena sates that it has NFC as well. Now, I might be mistaken, but Jolla officially never said anything about NFC... did they?

never trust gsmarena

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
gerbick

agree with you not trusting gsmarena or any other place for that matter until official released from Jolla. Thats why i mentioned "not official" and there is Disclaimer @ gsmarena "We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct"

i guess this more trustworthy http://jolla.com/ (speaking of NFC) there is spec.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
On the other hand I'm not sure how publishing them can hurt Jolla.
Now that the phones are already beign made it makes no difference. Before finalising the hardware, it made sense not to commit supporting any spesific frequency bands other than those used in EU.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
never trust gsmarena
eh... It's my goto site for specs

Originally Posted by dak_sriv View Post
eh... It's my goto site for specs
If the specs are not widely available, GSMArena guaranteed to get the specs wrong. It's actually pretty amazing how they always manage to do that.

Has Jolla confirmed that LTE will work in Finland at least?

Last edited by tissot; 2013-11-19 at 08:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
They haven't confirmed any frequency support. But all 3 main LTE networks in finland work at 800 (planned, not active yet), 1800 and 2600 mhz. (There's also one test project at 700mhz). So support for those bands would be quite probable.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Has Jolla confirmed that LTE will work in Finland at least?
Nope, but they have confirmed LTE and launch in FInland.

So it should at least work on EU standard 1800Mhz and 2600 MHz bands. Big question is if it works on newer 800Mhz frequencies, which is what most of Finland (outside Helsinki, Turku, Tampere and few bigger towns) will be covered with. My guess would be that the cheap generic Chinese hardware platforms (ie Jolla) don't mostly support it yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dak_sriv View Post
The website, gsm arena sates that it has NFC as well. Now, I might be mistaken, but Jolla officially never said anything about NFC... did they?
Sorry, you are mistaken. Check Jolla.com ---> All specs -> Network & connectivity.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bubbless View Post
Sorry, you are mistaken. Check Jolla.com ---> All specs -> Network & connectivity.
But please remember to read "Extension interfaces for"-part before you jump into wrong conclusions
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: